Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #31
leoniedelt
Doctor Who geek
leoniedelt began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Right, i done it. for £80 including special delivery, i am now the proud owner of a brand new in box Kindle 3rd gen with wifi. with the plastic sheets still stuck on the front and back, wahay!

I also got a sweet sleeve off ebay with a penguin on it. Though it suitable considering the Kindle is based on Linux...

now, off to the Kindle forum to figure out how to load it full of my books from Calibre (which are now in .lit, .mobi, .epub and .pdf formats, ROFL@me)
leoniedelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #32
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoniedelt View Post
Right, i done it. for £80 including special delivery, i am now the proud owner of a brand new in box Kindle 3rd gen with wifi. with the plastic sheets still stuck on the front and back, wahay!

I also got a sweet sleeve off ebay with a penguin on it. Though it suitable considering the Kindle is based on Linux...

now, off to the Kindle forum to figure out how to load it full of my books from Calibre (which are now in .lit, .mobi, .epub and .pdf formats, ROFL@me)
Well, the .mobi you don't need to convert, and the PDF you probably shouldn't convert. The others, no problem.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #33
nooker96
nooker96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
http://bookstove.com/book-talk/kindle-vs-nook/
nooker96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #34
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooker96 View Post
No offense, that is a horrible review. It is comparing a Kindle 3 with the original Nook. Also, the popup ads are horrible.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote