Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
Thunderclap8
Thunderclap8 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Error: "source code not available"

I upgraded from Calibre 0.7.33 to 0.7.39 today, and now Calibre won't open. Instead I get an error:
---
Python function terminated unexpectedly
source code not available (Error Code: 1)
---

Any clue what this might mean? I've restarted, even uninstalled and reinstalled Calibre entirely, same result.

Thanks!
Thunderclap8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
dapjukebox
dapjukebox began at the beginning.

It's not just you, see my post under yours!!
At least it confirms it is not just my installation.
dapjukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Rajmahid
Enthusiast
Rajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjukebox View Post
It's not just you, see my post under yours!!
At least it confirms it is not just my installation.
Same problem here.

I'm looking to download the previous version of Calibre because this version won't open -- just that nasty error message
Rajmahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
kmcclung
kmcclung began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I just tried to download Calibre twice and got the same message each time
kmcclung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Rajmahid
Enthusiast
Rajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcclung View Post
I just tried to download Calibre twice and got the same message each time
I found a link to version 0.7.38 and will install it as soon as I uninstall 7.39 -- it won't let you install a previous version.

Here's the link if anyone wants to give it a try:

http://download.freewarefiles.com/fi...bre-0.7.38.msi

Update: Yes!! Uninstalling 0.7.39 and installing 0.7.38 works like a charm...oh happy day! I sure Kovid will fix this glitch in very short time.

Last edited by Rajmahid; 01-14-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
dapjukebox
dapjukebox began at the beginning.

Have a look here, you can get any one you like.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/
dapjukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
ejgatt
ejgatt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Same thing happened to me on Windows Vista.

I uninstalled and downloaded version 0.73 and everything is back to normal.
ejgatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Same error on Mac OS X.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
OK, I'll stop hyperventilating now since we're all up the same creek.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
fixed in 0.7.40, apologies.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
Rajmahid
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
fixed in 0.7.40, apologies.
My apologies. I only use Calibre as a convenient way to convert my legally purchased eBooks from ePub to Mobi files that can be read by my Kindle. My intentions are not to circumvent the law -- only to read what is legally mine.

Thank you for your wonderful efforts and continued success!

Raj