Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
jokermania
jokermania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to remove White margin in CBR/CBZ ->mobi conversion for Kindle using Calibre?

Calibre is a must to have tool.
There only (?) ne thing that I can't do (but probably I don't know how): remove white margin when converting comic book to mobi

Conversion page does not give me chance to crop output ...
I tried also to crop input images, re-created CBZ file and coverted ... but when I read it on kindle there are always white margin aroung the comic

Any ideas?
thanks in advance
jokermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
kindle-dxg-owner
kindle-dxg-owner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Convert to PDF instead. MOBI margins cannot be lowered.
kindle-dxg-owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Or convert to ePub, edit it (it's HTML) and then convert to Mobi? Any way, you can better ask this question in Calibre forum.
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
RexGalore
Connoisseur
RexGalore doesn't litterRexGalore doesn't litter

Or if it's just scanned pictures just drop them in a folder, all named in order and the drop that folder in a folder named "pictures" in your Kindle's root.

This way the pictures will be displayed in order in what appears to be a book. No need to convert to anything.
RexGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
mhkey
mhkey began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexGalore View Post
Or if it's just scanned pictures just drop them in a folder, all named in order and the drop that folder in a folder named "pictures" in your Kindle's root.

This way the pictures will be displayed in order in what appears to be a book. No need to convert to anything.
Better yet you can zip all your folder contents and rename the result to xxx.cbz extension, Kindle (at least my Kindle 3) recognizes this archive as a valid one. You can use the free tool mangle (foosoft.net/mangle/) to do some pre-processing on graphic files to get a better experience.
mhkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert