Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-30-2021, 01:55 PM   #1
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Location of sleep/wake magnets on 2021 Paperwhite

I'm trying to figure out where the sleep/wake magnets are on the 2021 Paperwhite Signature.

I have the official Amazon cover and I'd like to mount it "backwards" because I'm left-handed, so it's more natural for me to have the hinge on the right instead of the left. It physically fits, but the sleep/wake feature doesn't work.

So I'm hoping to glue a magnet (or more than one, if needed) to the inside of the cover in the proper spot so that the feature works no matter which way the cover is attached.

Problem is, I can't get the Kindle to respond to a fridge magnet no matter where I set it. Does anyone know where the sensors are? (Pictures would help, if you figure it out!). Or maybe I need stronger magnets?

I'd also be open to top- or bottom-hinged covers if such things exist.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote