Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
TriOpticon
TriOpticon began at the beginning.

Device: nook STR
Question Download metadata setting Published date to Jan XXXX

I do not know if this is a bug or if I have something set wrong.

I edit a book's metadata and the Published: is set to Mar 2013.
I click Download metadata and select the book and when I get back to the book's Edit metadata dialog the Published: is set to Jan 2013. It seems like Download metadata gets the Year correctly but the Month is always set to Jan.

Is there a setting or something I am missing?

Thanks.
TriOpticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@TriOpticon - Could be that the d/l source only carries year of publication, in which case I think the month will default to Jan.

If you've already set the pubdate it maybe best to remove it from the metadata download configuration - click the gears next to the Download Metadata button in Metadata Edit, uncheck Publication date

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I suspect that BetterRed is correct.

Don't assume that the metadata you download always is correct. Often it isn't. Try to get a workflow where you download metadata first, and then correct it. If you start by filling things in and then download metadata you will most likely have to do a lot of double work...

Add a book, fill in ISBN using the Extract ISBN-plugin, download metadata, manually check and normalize metadata, especially series, title and author. Add extra metadata if needed.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, metadata, metadata download