Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #241
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Too bad I couldn't help, and good luck with figuring it out.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #242
GinaA
GinaA began at the beginning.

Device: PB360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Too bad I couldn't help, and good luck with figuring it out.
Hi rkomar,
Good news! I finally found my silly mistake. It turns out that I didn't type the same name between the configurations.cfg and the app!
The "before" situation was that the application is written down as cr3-pb.app, and in the configuration.cfg is only "cr3.app". No wonder it didn't work out.
So the "after" situation is I change the application name into "cr3.app", and it work out well!
Everybody are right, it is the best reader so far

Thank you
GinaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #243
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great! I'm impressed that you didn't give up after all that trouble.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #244
njok
njok began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302,Iriver Story
I finally managed to access the Coolreader menu with assigning button Quick menu command. But a cannot get the OK button to work ( to change menu settings ). Can somebody explain what and how to set keymaping coolreader file, key mapping of pocketbook etc. And what button do you use to "manipulate" coolreader?
Thanks!
njok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #245
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The problem is that your model doesn't have OK button. It seems to me that you need to change [menu] section in the keymaps.ini file in the following way:

Code:
[menu]
#KEY_BACK = MCMD_OK this one is not for PB302
KEY_BACK = MCMD_SELECT
#KEY_BACK, LONG = MCMD_CANCEL this one is also not for PB302
KEY_BACK, LONG = MCMD_OK
If this change does'nt help or something else doesn't work please let me know I will chek how to modifiy keymaps.ini to fix it.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #246
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CoolReader for PocketBook, v0.0.6-2

- Fixed fonts display when only part of the screen is updated for example in the dictionary view and in the menus
- Supported CR engine changes to create cache file in the backround

Version for 301+,360
For PB PRO and 360+
Old 09-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #247
cinan
cinan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
hello,
i have installed 2.1.1 firmware and latest coolreader on my pocketbook pro 602. While reading epub ebooks I cannot change font face. E.g. Menuet script, Liberation Sans, Liberation mono, Liberation serif etc. look identically.
I hope it will get fixed soon. Thanks in advance.
cinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #248
pkbo
Addict

Most probably that font face is set in the EPUB's internal stylesheet. Please try set "Document embedded styles" to "off". If this doesn't help, please see this message.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:27 AM   #249
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
CoolReader for PocketBook, v0.0.6-2

- Fixed fonts display when only part of the screen is updated for example in the dictionary view and in the menus
- Supported CR engine changes to create cache file in the backround

Version for 301+,360
For PB PRO and 360+
thank you! EDIT: just one question: in the previous versions there were two different engines depending on the "smoothing" (I am thinking of this message): is there now a single version?

Last edited by paola; 09-06-2011 at 02:43 AM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:56 AM   #250
pkbo
Addict

Now this is controlled by setting in the cr3.ini file - cr3.pocketbook.buffer.bpp . Possible values for this setting 2,4,8 (4,16,256 shades of gray). By default value 8 is used that corresponds to 'smoothing the soft' and value 2 corresponds to the 'standard smoothing'. So if you would like to restore previous display mode ('standard smoothing') you will need to add into cr3.in file the following line:
Code:
cr3.pocketbook.buffer.bpp=2
Old 09-06-2011, 05:28 AM   #251
adam l
adam l began at the beginning.

Device: PB 603
Hi,

The coolreader 0.0.6-2 has a manual system\share\cr3\manual\cr3-manual-ru.fb2 - in Russian,
but the second file cr3-manual-uk.fb2 is also in Russian?
Why? Shouldn't it be in English?

Had anybody able to read PDF files using CR3? Whenever I have tried I have received an error.

Adam
adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #252
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
The 'uk' in 'cr3-manual-uk.fb2' does not stand for English but for Ukrainian.

Pdf format is not supported by CR3.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #253
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlite View Post
The 'uk' in 'cr3-manual-uk.fb2' does not stand for English but for Ukrainian.
The official two-letter code for Ukraine is "UA", but I'm not surprized that Ukrainians would use "UK" instead in filenames; it seems more natural.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #254
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
The official two letter language code according to ISO 639-1 for Ukrainian is 'uk'. The code in ISO 639-2 as used by the library of congress would be 'ukr'. So it is not only the Ukrainians using it that way.

The codes for languages and the domain code for countries do not always match. It always depends which code you use.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #255
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlite View Post
The codes for languages and the domain code for countries do not always match. It always depends which code you use.
Thanks, I didn't know that, but it makes sense.