Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
GraciousMe
Zealot
GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Linked TOC -- code

After some wavering I decided to have a separate TOC-chapter in my book. Also to have it linked. So I borrowed some code from another e-book.

Can anybody see if I did something wrong? (Sigil does not protest.)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<link href="../Styles/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<title>My book</title>
</head>

<body xml:lang="SV" xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace">
<h1 id="heading_id_2">TOC</h1>

<div>
<p><a href="../Images/cover.jpg">Cover</a></p>

<p><a href="../Text/Title.htm">Title</a></p>

<p><a href="../Text/Chapter1.xhtml">Chapter one</a></p>

<p><a href="../Text/Chapter2.xhtml">Chapter two</a></p>

AND SO ON

</div>

</body>
</html>

The original was a bit different, I just removed what I didn´t understand. It began like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>A Briefer History of Time</title>
<meta name="Adept.resource" value="urn:uuid:381f5f04-b26a-460c-8278-f55cae532600" />
<link href="../Styles/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<style type="text/css">
/*<![CDATA[*/

@page { margin-bottom: 5.000000pt; margin-top: 5.000000pt; }
/*]]>*/
</style>
</head>

<body class="calibre">
<div class="calibre1" id="toc">
<p class="fmh">Table of Contents</p>

<p class="cfmh"><a href="../Text/Hawk_9780307417848_epub_tp_r1.htm">Title Page</a></p>

ETC.
GraciousMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
is the filename 'Chapter1' or 'chapter1' ?
Case will bite you every time

BTW
If the NCX works, why not Let Sigil (6) generate the HTML TOC? Tool: Table of Contents : ...
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
GraciousMe
Zealot
GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, I am careful with case in case something goes very wrong.

Sure, Sigil can generate TOC, but I want an actual chapter/ file of TOC inside the book as well.
GraciousMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #4
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Sigil can also create an HTML TOC file in your book as well, using the menu Tools -> Table of Contents -> Create HTML Table of Contents as theducks said. You have to re-run it each time you use Generate TOC or modify the toc.ncx file.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@GraciousMe - as theducks said - look at Tools->Table of Contents and you will see a "Create HTML Table of Contents" option that was added for 0.6.

Edit: meme beat me
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote