Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #166
Rocknsoul
Rocknsoul began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Try this link for the audiobook. The CD is $28, but the download (MP3 or ipod format) is free; click on the cover image on that page and you'll go the page where you can add it to the cart at no charge.
The website sent me an email with a link, and the audiobook did show up as free this time, but they still won't accept my password, the site doesn't recognize my email, and it won't let me register from scratch.

I still haven't heard back from customer service. I'll look into it again when I do.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #167
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocknsoul View Post
The website sent me an email with a link, and the audiobook did show up as free this time, but they still won't accept my password, the site doesn't recognize my email, and it won't let me register from scratch.

I still haven't heard back from customer service. I'll look into it again when I do.

Thanks for the reply!
Assuming you are in the US (since so many places seem to have geographic restrictions), I'd try to register with a new email account. Odd it doesn't recognize your email address that is sends the newsletter to, though. If all else fails, I'd try sending them an email, as their customer service is pretty good.
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #168
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free Books:
130 Free Kaplan Books
Looking For Love On Mongo Tongo (EPUB)
The Darkslayer
Always the Baker, Never the Bride (Kindle/nook)

Last edited by koland; 01-09-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #169
Rocknsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Assuming you are in the US (since so many places seem to have geographic restrictions), I'd try to register with a new email account. Odd it doesn't recognize your email address that is sends the newsletter to, though. If all else fails, I'd try sending them an email, as their customer service is pretty good.
When I try to create a new account, it won't let me--it always sends me back to returning customer, where it starts all over again. I sent a request for help to customer service last week, and I haven't heard anything from anyone. Oh well. If they want my business, the ball is in their court.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #170
Brewster
Brewster began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
A lot of these are the same books that are available for free for the Kindle. There are also some public domain books. These are in eReader format, so they can also be read on iPhones, laptops, netbooks, etc.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Free...linkid=1517657
Good sources for free epub books for nook:

Inkmesh

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 01-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #171
madzippy
madzippy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocknsoul View Post
When I try to create a new account, it won't let me--it always sends me back to returning customer, where it starts all over again. I sent a request for help to customer service last week, and I haven't heard anything from anyone. Oh well. If they want my business, the ball is in their court.
Clear your history cache of temporary web pages. Try creating a new account on your computer.

Or maybe unregister your nook device.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:54 AM   #172
koland
Grand Sorcerer

The Aedyn Chronicles: Chosen Ones ($9.99 Kindle), by Alister McGrath, free at B&N courtesy of Christian publisher Zonderkidz. This was free on Kindle this past July.

Book Description
In this new fantasy from renowned theologian Alister McGrath, the land of Aedyn has been overtaken by mysterious lords who trust only in their own reason. Two children called from our world have the power to lead the revolution, but will they find the courage to face their own destiny?

Click HERE for the free download from B&N.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #173
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Starlighter ($7.99 Kindle), by Bryan Davis, is free from B&N and Christianbook, courtesy of Christian publisher Zondervan.

Book Description
Dragons are enslaving humankind and a black egg signals the end of the world. Jason Masters must journey to another realm and join forces with a slave girl named Koren to rescue the captives and save two worlds from destruction.What if the Legends Are True?Jason Masters doubted the myths: people taken through a portal to another realm and enslaved by dragons. But when his brother is taken, he must uncover the truth and find the portal before it's too late. Once he's through the portal, he meets Koren, a slave in the dragons' realm, who struggles to destroy a black egg prophesied to doom all mankind. Jason and Koren must work together to save their two worlds before the dragons learn that their secrets have been discovered.In Starlighter, bestselling author Bryan Davis masterfully weaves fantasy and inspiration into a captivating novel for young adults.

Click HERE to get the free download from B&N.
Click HERE to get the free download from Christianbook.

That is SO Me: 365 Days of Devotions: Flip-Flops, Faith, and Friends ($9.99 Kindle), by Nancy Rue, is free from B&N and Christianbook, courtesy of Christian publisher Zondervan.

Book Description
Take a daily step of faith.Here is the devotional you've been waiting for: a place for everyday inspiration for everyday girls. On your 365-day journey through the Bible, discover topics that will have you saying 'That is SO me!' over and over and over again. Featuring interactive quizzes, activities, prayers, and journaling prompts written by favorite Faithgirlz! author Nancy Rue, this meaningful devotional is just for girls and tackles the issues that you face each day. Use this girl-friendly guide to nourish your authentic self through the incredible example and gift of Jesus' life and teachings.

Click HERE to get the free download from B&N.
Click HERE to get the free download from Christianbook.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #174
Rocknsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by madzippy View Post
Clear your history cache of temporary web pages. Try creating a new account on your computer.

Or maybe unregister your nook device.
Cleared the cache & it still didn't work...turns out for some reason my IE doesn't like that site. Tried it on Chrome & it worked.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #175
mon012
mon012 began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
thanks, its great sticky for newbie like me ^^
Old 01-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #176
koland
Grand Sorcerer

If you had any problems with the last three titles from B&N, try again today. They were unavailable most of yesterday afternoon, but are back and are still free.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #177
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Free and Bargain Book Roundup - Fitness and diet books, bargain thriller & humor, free SciFi, short stories and more

Free Books
Spy Killer (repeat)
Dark Reunion (Sony)
Access to Knowledge in the Age of Intellectual Property (PDF)
Deadly Sanctuary (repeat)
Old 01-12-2011, 03:50 AM   #178
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Cunningham's Book of Shadows: The Path of An American Traditionalist ($9.99 Kindle), by Scott Cunningham, is currently free in the Sony store.

Book Description
Llewellyn is pleased to present a new Scott Cunningham book--a long-lost Book of Shadows. Recently discovered in a battered manila envelope, this previously unpublished manuscript was penned by Scott in the early 1980s. This rare book includes original spells, rituals, and invocations and an herbal grimoire. Featured in the design are Scott's actual hand-drawn signs, symbols, and runes.

More than ten years after his passing, Scott Cunningham is still an iconic and highly regarded figure in the magical community. His books on Wicca are considered classics, and his writings continue to inspire and inform those new to the Craft.

Click HERE for the free download.

In the Lap of the Gods ($9.99 Kindle), by Li Miao Lovett, is currently free in the Sony store.

Book Description
A dam rises on the Yangtze, uprooting a million lives in a government-made, modern environmental and human rights disaster, and a poor salvager who has lost everything finds an abandoned baby girl. A tale of defiance, of a lost man finding his place—and a new kind of love—in modern China, and of a rich man reclaiming his soul and the woman he loved before the revolution tore them apart.

Force of Habit (A Falcone & Driscoll Investigation) ($10.17 paperback pre-order), by Alice Loweecey, is currently free in the Sony store.

Book Description
Giulia Falcone is convinced she's going to Hell. First, because she left the convent. Second, her new job with a private investigator has her sneaking around and lying. Adjusting to life in the outside world isn't easy. Makeup, dating, and sex are all new to her. And despite a crush on her boss Frank Driscoll—a foul-mouthed, soft-hearted ex-cop—Giulia is sure he'd never fall for an ex-nun.

Her first case involves drop-dead handsome Blake Parker, a man with immense wealth and an ego to match. He and his fiancée are getting disturbing "gifts" with messages based on biblical verses. When Giulia is drawn into the stalker's twisted game, salacious photos of her appear, threatening her job and her friendship with Frank. No one imagines—least of all naïve Giulia—the danger ahead, when following the clues turns into a fight for her life.

Book one in the dangerously habit-forming Falcone & Driscoll Investigation series

The Latte Rebellion ($7.96 Kindle), by Sarah Jamila Stevenson, is currently free in the Sony store.

Book Description

Hoping to raise money for a post-graduation trip to London, Asha Jamison and her best friend Carey decide to sell T-shirts promoting the Latte Rebellion, a club that raises awareness of mixed-race students.

But seemingly overnight, their "cause" goes viral and the T-shirts become a nationwide social movement. As new chapters spring up from coast to coast, Asha realizes that her simple marketing plan has taken on a life of its own—and it's starting to ruin hers. Asha's once-stellar grades begin to slip, threatening her Ivy League dreams, while her friendship with Carey hangs by a thread. And when the peaceful underground movement spins out of control, Asha's school launches a disciplinary hearing. Facing expulsion, Asha must decide how much she's willing to risk for something she truly believes in.

Chasing AllieCat ($7.96 Kindle pre-order), by Rebecca Fjelland Davis, is currently free in the Sony store.

Book Description
Dumped with relatives in a small Minnesota town for the summer, Sadie Lester is relying on her mountain bike to save her from total boredom. Then she meets Allie, a spiky-haired off-road mountain biker who's training for a major race. Allie leads Sadie and Joe, a cute fellow cyclist, up and down Mount Kato, and the three become close friends. But the exhilarating rush comes to a halt when they find a priest in the woods, badly beaten and near death. After calling for help, Allie disappears from their lives.

As they search for Allie and try to find out why she left so suddenly, Sadie and Joe discover more about Allie's past, including her connection to the priest. Only on the day of the big race does Sadie finally learn the complete, startling truth about Allie—and the terrible secret that forced her into hiding.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #179
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Wyrdworking: The Path of a Saxon Sorcerer ($9.99 Kindle pre-order), by Alaric Albertsson, is currently free in the Sony store.

Book Description
Within the pages of this magical handbook, you’ll find everything you need to know to practice Saxon sorcery. Alaric Albertsson once again uncovers the practices and customs of the Anglo-Saxons hidden in early charms and English folk traditions. His first book, Travels Through Middle Earth, taught readers how to connect with the Saxon cosmology, deities, spirits, and rituals. Now, Wyrdworking tells how to craft rune charms, brew potions, cast effective spells, and use magical techniques to find love and prosperity.

This guide explores the folklore, meanings, and magical properties of all thirty-three Old English Futhorc runes, classifying them by theme, such as animals or trees, to help you learn. Discover how to make a wand or staff, consecrate and use a seax (knife), and practice the herbal healing known as wortcunning. Design effective spells through the use of galdor (incantations), practice wiglung (the art of soothsaying), and create your own set of powerful divinatory runes.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #180
koland
Grand Sorcerer

All the free Sony deals quit working sometime around mid-afternoon.
Closed Thread