Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
OK. So it appears my editor plugin may be causing issues that this thread seems to touch upon (keyboard shortcuts). I'd like to fix it, but after some quick perusing of the various relevant threads linked to in this one, I feel I'm ill-equipped to tackle the problem. Most of what I'm seeing is "this plugin has the problem," and "that plugin has now been updated to fix/workaround the problem." But I still have no clear understanding of what the problem actually IS -- and could use a little help.

1) How does the problem manifest itself? What can I do to definitively confirm (by myself) that; "Yep. My code is silly buggers and needs work." ?

2) Where are the offensive lines of code in these plugins that "have it?" I'd rather not have to diff fixed versions of plugins whose codebase I'm entirely unfamiliar with against old broken versions to find what everyone else seems to already inherently "know" about this issue.

3) In words: what is the general goal that is causing problems and what was the general approach toward that goal that needs changing. What is the new preferred strategy (in words--or better yet--in line numbers of file X in plugin Y) of getting around the problem?

Have I mentioned that I hate keyboard shortcuts (other than ctrl-c|x|p)? Is there a way that I could fix the problem by just making it so my plugin can never have shortcuts assigned to it? That seems easier to me in the long run.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@DiapDealer: There is no problem with your editor plugin. Your editor plugin is currently preventing customization of keyboard shortcuts in the editor, but that is because of a bug in calibre code, which will be fixed in the next release.

This thread is relevant only to calibre plugins (that is plugins for the main program)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Ah... I see. Thank you muchly, sir!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #19
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I suggest that we can unstick this thread now.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I suggest that we can unstick this thread now.
done
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert