Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
macnab69
Zealot
macnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 4
Help: regex for add books

If I use this format for filename:
author - [series] [series_index] title
I can use this regex:
(?P<author>.+) - \[(?P<series>.+)\] \[(?P<series_index>.+)\] (?P<title>[^_]+)

I would prefer:
author - [series series_index] title

but I don't know how to stop
(?P<series>.+)
when it gets to numbers, and then include the numbers in series_index

EDIT: Never mind. What if the series name is Oceans 11? Will have to stick to current format.

What I need is the equivalent to
{authors} - [{series} {series_index}] {title}
which is used in Save to disk.

Last edited by macnab69; 06-15-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Founf answer
macnab69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnab69 View Post
What I need is the equivalent to
{authors} - [{series} {series_index}] {title}
which is used in Save to disk.

only problem here is if you do not have a series/series index then you will have empty brackets in your book title when you save to disk. I have something similar but I use a custom column {#myseries} that only fills with the desired text if there is a series (it could even be a hidden column) then I use it in my save to disk and it only appears if needed. You could probably do the same with yours, something like

Code:
{authors} - {#myseriesL}{series} {series_index}{#myseriesR} {title}
then if there is a series, it will have the brackets, but if there isn't one, the brackets won't appear.

I used 'Column built from other columns' with the following template to create my {#myseries} column:

Code:
{series:test(~,)}
I use a ~ in front of my Series names in my folders
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
macnab69
Zealot
macnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toys

You inspired me to get rid of the empty brackets, so:

If there is no series I want this
author - title
If there is a series I want this:
author - [series series_index] title
with a leading 0 if the series_index is less than 10.

So I use this for the save to disk template
{authors} - {series:| [| } {series_index:0>2s| |]} {title}

Works perfectly for both cases.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #4
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
{series:| [| } , huh

I was looking for a regex way for you to do what you wanted, but looks like you found

Cool
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:53 AM   #5
macnab69
Zealot

Looked up template in the calibre manual. It discusses exactly what I was looking for.
Advert

Tags
add books, regex