Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 04:35 AM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Take $10 Off Your First Ebook or Audiobook at Kobo/Rakuten/Walmart.

CORRECTION: Sorry, but the links are bad. Read the following messages.

. . . . the content of the message on a popup ad when about to look at an audiobook at Kobo/Rakuten/Walmart.

I suppose that this popup will appear for anyone, from anywhere (in the U.S., at least), navigating from any I.P. However, I was going to look at the audiobook on this webpage. The popup popped up on both Chrome and Firefox. So, if you don't get the popup, try navigating to this webpage"and see what happens.

Sounds like it could be a pretty good deal. $10 off would amount to a lot off of ebooks and audiobooks, to my frugal persona.

The popup will prompt you to "sign in with Walmart." Who knows the reason for that? It could have to do with the fact that almost everyone has a Walmart sign in, but relatively few people have sign in credentials with Kobo or Rakuten.

Disclaimer: I am posting this despite the fact that I hate Walmart.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-16-2019 at 04:38 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:27 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hmmm.....Your 'this webpage' link seems not to be active....perhaps that quote at the end?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-15-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #3
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Hmmm.....Your 'this webpage' link seems not to be active....perhaps that quote at the end?
Thanks for advising me. I checked both of those links before making the post (I always do check links)! I'll fix the problem and have a corrected post up asap, if possible. For some reason I often think of the old saying, "no good deed goes unpunished," after making a post. I wonder why.

Walmart . . . . I doubt that they hacked into my post. For one reason, all of the post, including the first part, will be seen by the billions--maybe trillions--of people who view MobileRead every day. There's no telling how much money that Walmart will make from it.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-16-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Fine Print! You need to read!

1 e-book Must be more than $10 on a special list .... cheapest I found was $25!!! Why I never used mine. Same with the Audiobooks.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:37 PM   #5
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Okay, this is over my pay scale (everything is ). I am soliciting help.

When I went to the webpage www.kobo.com, I got the offer. The ordinary webpage appears just briefly (for about 5 seconds), then another webpage (or, anyway, something that completely covers the first webpage) automatically appears that has a completely black background, and a horizontal dialogue box (height taller than the width) in the center.

That webpage with the black background apparently stays there until you do something (I assume that clicking on the button to accept the deal is not one of them ). If you navigate away from the first webpage, the offer doesn't appear again. Or, at least, it didn't for me. If you want to take the offer, "git it wile the gittin' is good."

The other link that is no good directed you to either Walmart's homepage or Rakuten's homepage, I've forgotten which.

In the event that you really, really wanted to take advantage of the deal, but you did something to cause it to disappear, there is one procedure that seems to cause it to reappear--turn your computer off, and then turn it on again. The reason that I say that, between sessions, Microsoft (apparently) shut down my computer, while I was away from it, in order to install an update or something. The offer re-appeared afterwards, but at Kobo (only).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-16-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:55 PM   #6
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Fine Print! You need to read!

1 e-book Must be more than $10 on a special list .... cheapest I found was $25!!! Why I never used mine. Same with the Audiobooks.

Almost emphatically (but kindly ) and almost without a scintilla of doubt, I did not get any caveats, conditions, restrictions, or whatever. The offer was short and sweet--just a very few words. And, again, the background of the webpage with the offer on it was completely black.

The only way that I think that someone could get "if, ands, or buts" to the offer is if he or she clicked on the button to accept the deal, and the resulting webpage threw them at the person then.

If I somehow get the offer again, I will make a screenshot (and maybe an extra one just in case something happens to the first one), and make a post with the screenshot as an attachment somehow or another.

Adios, for a while.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-16-2019 at 05:07 PM.