Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
StuffedLion
StuffedLion began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Problem with former root (Force closes of google framwork and apps)

Hi there,

I used to have my PRS-T1 rooted and some apps installed (like gmail and calender), but I had quite some problems with it. From time to time and especially when opening pdf files the reader froze and I had to reset it. And I realized that I hardly use any root features.

So I decided quite some time ago to go back to the standard firmware. If I remeber correctly I used a restore firmware to 1.0.04 from this forum here and also deleted everything.

But it seems there are still all the apps and the google framwork in place, the freeze all the time and I get error messages (google-services-framework had to be ended, same for gmail or calendar). Also there are still problems and the reader tends to freeze from time to time (again pdfs and larger books are worse). what is the problem there? how can I get a realy clean system w/o root?

I thought once that it might help to just install the latest firmware from sony, so now I have 1.0.07.05070

I just again did format the internal storage via settings - all books gone, but the errror messages keep on showing up.

How can I get a simple and just plain firmware w/o any remaining apps and so on? Just want that reader to work as a reader...

Thank you all!

Best
Lion

Last edited by StuffedLion; 10-05-2014 at 07:37 AM.
StuffedLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
StuffedLion
StuffedLion began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Help... now after I did run the "format memory" option in settings again, the reader is not working at all anymore... when I try to copy books on the reader it just freezes. and I get forceclose messegages for all the apps I once had installed...

pls help me... what can I do to rescue my beloved Sony reader?

Pics showing the force close:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2013.31.22.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2013.31.38.jpg
StuffedLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert