Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #166
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalibUser View Post
@Thasaidon:

I will try to find some time this coming weekend to look at this issue.
Thank You.

Whenever you get the time will be fine.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:48 PM   #167
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
Hi Thasaidon...Regarding your screen size problem with plugins, I think that you have had exactly the same dialog sizing problem with my CustomCleanerPlus plugin. You have also mentioned to me that you are using Windows 7.

I also use the Windows 7 op system on my laptop and I test all my plugins on Windows 7 and have never had the sizing problems that you appear to be having with some plugin dialogs. So it's highly possible -- because you appear to be having exactly the same dialog sizing problem on more than one plugin -- that these problems are perhaps caused by your current Windows display setup on Windows 7. A good place to start would be to ensure that your Windows 7 is up to date with all Windows updates. You should also minimally ensure that you at least have the SP1 update for Windows 7. You should also thoroughly check your Control Panel > Display setup as well.

Last edited by slowsmile; 06-09-2018 at 09:02 PM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #168
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
So it's highly possible -- because you appear to be having exactly the same dialog sizing problem on more than one plugin -- that these problems are perhaps caused by your current Windows display setup on Windows 7. A good place to start would be to ensure that your Windows 7 is up to date with all Windows updates. You should also minimally ensure that you at least have the SP1 update for Windows 7. You should also thoroughly check your Control Panel > Display setup as well.
Hi Bill

You are probably correct about my display settings but unfortunately I need the settings I use, in order to make using my PC comfortable. My eyesight is not good and I use it many hours a day.

I have the latest Win 7 updates and have used some 3rd party utilities to adjust various font sizes that cannot normally be customised. I also use the Classic theme which allows some font sizes to be changed. And I still occasionally need to use an on screen magnifier or sometimes a magnifying glass on the screen.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:19 PM   #169
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
erased due to error

Last edited by slowsmile; 06-09-2018 at 11:25 PM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:16 PM   #170
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Hi,

I have tried to resolve the issue raised by Thasaidon. I wrote a separate program to scroll labels and comboboxes that worked. Essentially I created a canvas that contains an interior window on which widgets can be placed and scrolled. But when I imported it into the Sigil plugin (attached) the scrollers in the scrollbar would not appear.

I have run out of time to work on this now and will have another look at the problem next weekend. Meanwhile, if anybody can spot an error in my code please let me know what it is.
Attached Files
File Type: py SpanTagProcessor.py (11.1 KB, 333 views)
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:23 PM   #171
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
Hi,

I have tried to resolve the issue raised by Thasaidon. I wrote a separate program to scroll labels and comboboxes that worked. Essentially I created a canvas that contains an interior window on which widgets can be placed and scrolled. But when I imported it into the Sigil plugin (attached) the scrollers in the scrollbar would not appear.

I have run out of time to work on this now and will have another look at the problem next weekend. Meanwhile, if anybody can spot an error in my code please let me know what it is.
Thanks Calibuser.

If I knew Python I would certainly scan the code, as it is I look forward to using your final solution in due course.

Thank you again.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #172
wrCisco
Enthusiast
wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@CalibUser: I had some spare time today and I looked at the code. I think that this line in ShowdlgProcessSpanTags
Code:
InteriorFrame.bind("<Configure>", fnScrollable)
should be
Code:
canvas.bind("<Configure>", fnScrollable)
Secondly, fnScrollable can't access 'canvas' name, it should be 'event.widget'.
wrCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #173
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

@wrCisco: Thanks for looking at this - I was rushing too much when I tried to update the plugin!

I have updated the plugin in the first post to include your suggestions.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #174
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
@wrCisco: Thanks for looking at this - I was rushing too much when I tried to update the plugin!

I have updated the plugin in the first post to include your suggestions.
Thank you CalibUser and wrCisco for your work.

I have reached that part of my workflow when I use the plugin very heavily. I will let you know how I go on.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:21 AM   #175
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Hi

Just to let you know. I have completed the task in my workflow where I use the plugin at least once on each of the books in the batch (100 books approx) I am working on.

It worked better than ever. I only had one book where the tags required me to scroll down the window (I would have expected two or three ). The your plugin modification meant I could deal with it with no problems.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #176
CalibUser
Addict

@Thasaidon: Thanks for letting me know that the update works. Glad you find it useful
Old 07-11-2018, 06:59 AM   #177
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Hi @CalibUser

Just a quick update. I processed an ebook yesterday and when I ran your plugin on it I got over 15 pages of entries in the right hand window.

Your updated plugin coped with no problems and I had no problems dealing with the entries.

Thanks again
Old 07-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #178
CalibUser
Addict

Hi @Thasaidon

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:33 AM   #179
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Trouble with hyphens

Quote:
Hi,

I have developed this plugin as a tool to help tidy up ePub files that have been converted from pdf documents but contain ocr errors.

EDIT The plugin has been updated to version 2.0.0.5B. This provides the facility to scroll the span tag window.

The instructions for using the plugin are in the attached file named ePub tidy tool v0.2.0.0.5A.epub.

Important: Please ensure that you keep a back up of your original ePub file before running this plugin.

When some old publications are OCR'd some words are frequently misspelt in the same way in every scan. I am attaching a file that can be used with the plugin to correct the spelling of these words. It is based on a file provided by martyger at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265830 and includes updates form Steadyhands at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=154

Gipsy has put files containing Greek words for this plugin in this thread at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...65#post3208365

Enjoy!
Hello!
First, enormous thanks for implementing a functionality I was wishing for (I overlooked the plugin for a time through associating ePubTidy with HTMLTidy )
Now. I have a have hit a snag on running the plugin: on the list of
Quote:
proposed changes--remove hyphen
I found , i.e.:
cow-puncher --> cowpuncher
to-day --> today
But, looking in wikidictionary, both the words on the right have entries, the first as 'alternate spelling', the second as 'old form of' (the book is from the 1910's).
Thus being the case, I discarded the changes--which discards also everything else.
Would it be possible to either
-- make the hyphen changes optional
-- or allow for a 'custom exception list' of hyphens to keep?
I may mention that on editing OCR files without images of the original text, I use to deal with cases as above, by mimicking Kovid's heuristics: count occurences of with/without hyphen...
Thanks again for the plugin!
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:24 PM   #180
CalibUser
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenchu View Post
Now. I have a have hit a snag on running the plugin: on the list of I found , i.e.:
cow-puncher --> cowpuncher
to-day --> today
But, looking in wikidictionary, both the words on the right have entries, the first as 'alternate spelling', the second as 'old form of' (the book is from the 1910's).
Thus being the case, I discarded the changes--which discards also everything else.
Would it be possible to either
-- make the hyphen changes optional
-- or allow for a 'custom exception list' of hyphens to keep?
I may mention that on editing OCR files without images of the original text, I use to deal with cases as above, by mimicking Kovid's heuristics: count occurences of with/without hyphen...
I have updated the plugin in the first post so that you can put hyphenated words that you want to keep in a text file that is loaded by the plugin.