Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-03-2019, 03:29 PM   #1
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Amazon Fire 7 connects intermittently

I've just gotten a new tablet (Fire 7) and set it up with Calibre and Calibre Companion. It frequently (not always) fails to connect to Calibre wirelessly on the first try. When it does this, it always connects on the 2nd or 3rd try. Anyone know why and/or what to do about this? (Also posting this in the Calibre forum.)
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:01 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Any chance that calibre has been "swapped out" on its computer and is taking a long time to get itself back into memory? If it takes too long, more than 5 seconds, CC will abandon the connection.

You can test this by bringing up the calibre GUI before you attempt to connect.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

I don't think that is it...I've made no laptop changes in Calibre. I'm still also using my prior Android tablet and it connects easily with no issues.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:28 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do the two tablets use the same wifi bands?

Send me CC and calibre debug logs showing a failure then a success so I can see what each side thinks is happening.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:34 AM   #5
NSILMike
Guru

Yes, both show use the same wifi band, and there is no failure log- I just get the message that CC couldn't find Calibre and to check the port and IP address (which I have set.) If I try again it generally works either immediately or after one more try...
Advert
Old 01-04-2019, 07:36 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Yes, both show use the same wifi band, and there is no failure log- I just get the message that CC couldn't find Calibre and to check the port and IP address (which I have set.) If I try again it generally works either immediately or after one more try...
The calibre debug log will show whether calibre received nothing, received the "Hi There" from CC then did nothing, or received a connection request and then failed to connect.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:39 AM   #7
NSILMike
Guru

Except there is no log.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:40 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Except there is no log.
The link in post #4 describes how to get a calibre debug log.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:43 AM   #9
NSILMike
Guru

CC log sent.