Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-06-2015, 09:51 AM   #91
fantasword
fantasword began at the beginning.

Device: boox m96
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrox View Post
You may need to update InkPad to firmware 5.4 or manually copy the libssl.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so.1.0.0 from firmware 5.4 to your system in the path "/usr/lib".
Thanks for help, I have downloaded the 5.4 firmware, but I can't find the 2 files inside, can you help me find them?
fantasword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:35 PM   #92
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Question

So, this was in my crash.log file on my PB TL2. Could it be that the dictionaries don't work because libglib-2.0.so is missing? There is really no such file in the libs directory.

Atached mp shm: id 0 addr 400ac000 size 17864
----------------> USING A2PLUS MODE <-----------------
attach_shm: mtfb key=251330692 size=833040
Atached mtfb shm: id 48008 addr 4081a000 size 833040
-------------------------
The task - koreader.app have
xres=758 yres=1024 bpp=4 vdepth=8
ndepth:4 hqdepth:4 orientation:0
attach_shm: ref key=2130378752 size=776192
Atached ref shm: id 8001 addr 408f7000 size 776192
OpenTheme: /mnt/ext1/system/themes/ContrastFlat626.pbt
ts: loading default calibration values
Atached mqueue: id 8001
./sdcv: error while loading shared libraries: libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
./sdcv: error while loading shared libraries: libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I was, however, pleasantly surprised by how fast KoReader opens PDF files. Two seconds and they're open. I'd really like to use it to replace AdobeViewer for PDFs, I just need the dictionaries to work.
But there is no possibility to zoom close into the page, is there?

Last edited by LucyOne; 02-06-2015 at 04:06 PM.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 PM   #93
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasword View Post
Thanks for help, I have downloaded the 5.4 firmware, but I can't find the 2 files inside, can you help me find them?
Never mind I will include these two files in Koreader PocketBook build for older firmware.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 PM   #94
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
So, this was in my crash.log file on my PB TL2. Could it be that the dictionaries don't work because libglib-2.0.so is missing? There is really no such file in the libs directory.

Atached mp shm: id 0 addr 400ac000 size 17864
attach_shm: mtfb key=251330692 size=833040
Atached mtfb shm: id 48008 addr 4081a000 size 833040
Atached ref shm: id 8001 addr 408f7000 size 776192

I was, however, pleasantly surprised by how fast KoReader opens PDF files. Two seconds and they're open. I'd really like to use it to replace AdobeViewer for PDFs, I just need the dictionaries to work.
But there is no possibility to zoom close into the page, is there?
I will include the libglib-2.0.so.0 file in Koreader PocketBook build to solve this problem.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:24 AM   #95
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, chrox!

Apart from the problem opening epub files, I also noticed this: When pressing the home button on the device while reading in Koreader, the home screen is shown for a second, then flashes and shows the book cover. When touching the cover, an action of the home screen is executed, e.g. a book is opened or the library.
Then the home screen is shown again when I press the menu button, but sometimes the status bar still shows the book cover.

Edit: These problems seem to be solved with the latest build.

Last edited by LucyOne; 02-08-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Advert
Old 02-09-2015, 04:01 AM   #96
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Yay, dictionary lookup works now with the latest version, thanks so much, chrox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Apart from the problem opening epub files, I also noticed this: When pressing the home button on the device while reading in Koreader, the home screen is shown for a second, then flashes and shows the book cover. When touching the cover, an action of the home screen is executed, e.g. a book is opened or the library.
Then the home screen is shown again when I press the menu button, but sometimes the status bar still shows the book cover.

Edit: These problems seem to be solved with the latest build.
I just noticed that this old problem occurs again in v2014.11-83. It didn't in v2014.11-81.

This is the crash log:

Atached mp shm: id 0 addr 400ba000 size 17864
attach_shm: mtfb key=251330826 size=833040
Atached mtfb shm: id 70007 addr 40808000 size 833040
Atached ref shm: id 8001 addr 408f0000 size 776192
g_mkdir failed: Read-only file system
./luajit: frontend/device/input.lua:488: interrupted!
stack traceback:
frontend/device/input.lua:488: in function 'waitEvent'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:477: in function 'run'
./reader.lua:138: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x0000bdf1

Last edited by LucyOne; 02-09-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:48 AM   #97
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Last position and last bookmarks lost

Good morning all,

first of all I would like to thanks the team of Koreader for this nice software.
It is my main app reader on my PB626. Thanks for that.

However, i have noticed a strange behaviour.

If my device poweroff automatically, the last page is not saved and the last bookmark too. it is the same if I poweroff with the button.
The only way to save all, it is to exit Koreader with the home button in the top menu.

It is a little bit annoying, do you have notice this on your PB ?

Firmware : W626.4.4.1151 date: 20141024_140004
Koreader v2014.11-93-gac77808

Best regards,
Druss
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #98
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
I recently received my 840 which came with v 5.4 firmware. I d/l your most recent software for Pocketbook, unzipped it, and copied the applications folder into the 840. The app icon does show up in the display that is triggered by clicking on the chevrons at the bottom of the page. So far, so good. However, when you click on the KOR icon it takes you to the Pocketbook file manager.

How do I actually open the KOR reader so that I know that is what I am trying out instead of the reader included in the 840?

Also, how do I correctly delete the program and all of its components?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Harry Zee

Last edited by p38lightning; 03-13-2015 at 08:01 AM.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:57 AM   #99
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

The latest built from March 06 doesn't work anymore on my PB TL2. I tap on a book, there's a white page and the home screen comes on again.
Here's the crashlog:

Atached mp shm: id 0 addr 40138000 size 17864
attach_shm: mtfb key=251330670 size=833040
Atached mtfb shm: id 38007 addr 407d9000 size 833040
Atached ref shm: id 8001 addr 408ff000 size 776192
./luajit: common/turbo/crypto.lua:382: libssl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load'
common/turbo/crypto.lua:382: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
common/turbo/iostream.lua:33: in main chunk
common/turbo/tcpserver.lua:21: in main chunk
common/turbo.lua:93: in main chunk
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:520: in function 'initLooper'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:533: in function 'run'
./reader.lua:143: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x0000bdf1
Old 03-12-2015, 09:04 AM   #100
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I just checked, and it does not work for me either on my PB TL 2
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #101
chrox
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
I just checked, and it does not work for me either on my PB TL 2
It will be fixed in the next nightly build after this pull request is merged https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/1448.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #102
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Thanks, chrox!
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #103
RUSsiya90
RUSsiya90 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 2 lux (626)
does not work highlighting the text, you can not select text with a wry eye-catching!

1. please have the opportunity to work with text in koolredere in fbreadere. (Highlight, pencil, eraser, underline using touch input)

Last edited by RUSsiya90; 03-25-2015 at 03:38 AM.
RUSsiya90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:03 AM   #104
gillrael
gillrael began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 - Kobo Aura One
which devices work Koreader? thanks and best regards
gillrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:04 PM   #105
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Hello... could be a good start...

And a quick look on the wiki could be usefull... As explained at the beginning of this thread...

Bye
Druss

Last edited by druss67; 03-25-2015 at 03:07 PM.
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook