Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 08:14 PM   #16
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkormanik View Post
Wondering if Calibre is able to download and convert web page into an epub?

Suppose we provide the url. Download and convert. Nice epub.
That says "web page", not pages. And "the URL", not multiple URLs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkormanik View Post
dotEPUB is quite good. However, one tab at a time, only, in the "free" version, as written to me author.

"Conversion consumes a lot of resources in the server: allowing the conversion of all open tabs would be prone to errors (=converting stuff that the user didn't want to convert in the first place and could put privacy at risk) and would require a lot of resources.
Did this request morph from one web page/one URL to multiple tabs?

Not sure what usage the OP intends by converting all open tabs at once. Maybe for a multi-page article to open up successive pages of the article in successive tabs? But that's just a guess.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote