Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #1
Luck64
Luck64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Question Personal Document Library not showing up on Kindle?

Hi there.

I just got a Kindle DX graphite for Christmas and I can't see any of the books I've sent from Calibre (via the Send by email feature) to my Kindle address. I also have a Kindle Paperwhite 3 that displays them just fine.

The question is, is the Kindle DX too old for showing up the documents from the cloud? Or this has to do with the fact that Kindle DX can't connect to some sites (like Wikipedia) because Amazon stopped offering updates for that model? In that case, jailbreaking it would fix the problem?

Thank you all.

Note 1: my DX's current firmware is 2.5.8

Note 2: I've also tried to send them to the specific address Amazon provides for this particular Kindle but that didn't work either.
Luck64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
You might need to install the “Kindle services update”. See the Kindle DX Software Updates page.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:07 PM   #3
Luck64

Thank you.
I've tried that but didn't work. I've also tried restarting, deregistering the device and reseting to factory settings, but none of those worked either.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:56 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I have no experience with that particular kindle model, but can you transfer the documents to your kindle via usb? This might help.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:02 AM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I don't remember...is there a DOCS tab on the DX? In the SORT options?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #6
Luck64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I have no experience with that particular kindle model, but can you transfer the documents to your kindle via usb? This might help.
Yes. That's the only way I currently can send documents to the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I don't remember...is there a DOCS tab on the DX? In the SORT options?
No. Just "Most Recent First", "Title", "Author" and "Collections".

Strangely, the DX neither has the same collections than my PW3. It only has the specific collections I created in the DX. When I did a Factory Reset on the DX, those collections reappeared once I registered the DX to my Amazon account.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:59 AM   #7
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you sending the documents in the correct format - presumably mobi rather than AZW3 considering the age of the reader?

If you are "sending" to your email address, surely you're using wifi? I just wonder if the device is too old for that.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #8
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The DX doesn't have WiFi, it only had 3g.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:46 PM   #9
Luck64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Are you sending the documents in the correct format - presumably mobi rather than AZW3 considering the age of the reader?

If you are "sending" to your email address, surely you're using wifi? I just wonder if the device is too old for that.
Yes, I'm sending them in .mobi format. Tried different documents, sending them from Calibre, via email from my browser and also delivering from the Amazon site. None of them seem to work.

The DX has 3g and I can access the Amazon store just fine, but my documents do not show up.

It's really strange. I'm starting to suspect that the DX is too old to receive documents via mail.

Thank you all for your time.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:01 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you asked Amazon?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:30 PM   #11
Luck64

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you asked Amazon?
Yes, I did. But I didn't find it helpful at all. The assistant made me deregister my device and factory reset it. But the problem persisted. There, she offered me to purchase a new Kindle
Old 01-09-2019, 03:51 AM   #12
BookCat
C L J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck64 View Post
Yes, I did. But I didn't find it helpful at all. The assistant made me deregister my device and factory reset it. But the problem persisted. There, she offered me to purchase a new Kindle
At that point it's wise to ask to be passed to someone more technical, or their superior. There are usually different levels of customer service expertise at Amazon and you usually start with the lowest level.

Tags
docs, document, dxg, library, personal