Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #1
firewater
firewater began at the beginning.

Device: Computer
Update folder structure after updating metadata

Say, I have a folder, Notes from Underground > Notes from Underground.epub in the Calibre library, because I have "Notes from Underground" as the book's author. And say I then correct the metadata to the right author. How do I apply the changes to the folders now so that it's Fyodor Dostoevsky > Notes from Underground.epub?
firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewater View Post
Say, I have a folder, Notes from Underground > Notes from Underground.epub in the Calibre library, because I have "Notes from Underground" as the book's author. And say I then correct the metadata to the right author. How do I apply the changes to the folders now so that it's Fyodor Dostoevsky > Notes from Underground.epub?
Calibre does that automatically although its internal structure is:

Fyodor Dostoevsky > Notes from Underground (123) > Notes from Underground - Fyodor Dostoevsky.epub
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2018, 06:05 PM   #3
firewater

Oh, you're right! The reason I didn't see it happening is I had title as author and vice versa. Thanks.

Any chance I can modify the structure? I'd like to remove the (132) and just have the book title as the .epub name. Something else I noticed is it replaced ":" as "_" in the folder name for another book, since ":" is an invalid character for a folder title. Any way I can modify what character it chooses for this?

Also, what does the parenthesis stuff stand for?

Last edited by firewater; 10-27-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:24 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Any chance I can modify the structure?
No, not in your calibre library. See here for more details.

If you want your own custom file structure you need to use calibre's Save-to-Disk with your own Save Template to export/copy books to somewhere else on your disk.

Quote:
Also, what does the parenthesis stuff stand for?
The number is the unique id of that book in that calibre library. It's fundamental to everything calibre does.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=119175

Calibre is a Librarian, there is no need to look under the skirts.
Sent To ... has a template system that can control the file path EXPORTED
(the default is {authors} - {title}, I prefer to use {author_sort} , never understood looking under the authors first name folk )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2018, 04:27 PM   #6
firewater

Alright then, thanks again guys!