Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
maxlinworm
maxlinworm began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Adding Books: regular expression request

Hi,

I'm migrating my Mendelay library to Calibre. Mendeley renames every file in the following format

AuthorLastName_Year_Title_Journal

I was hoping some helpful and generous soul would help me by posting a regular expression to add the books in calibre. That would be most appreciated.

1)When there's no metadata on any of those fields, Mendeley will add "Unknown" to the string.
2) If the title is too long, sometimes the filename will not include the next fields. For exemple: Weiss_yyyy_The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-P.pdf

Thanks in advance
maxlinworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@maxlinworm - the Import Mendeley plugin wold have done it for you, however it has not been maintained and no longer works. But have a look at the last post in its thread, and then the link it has to the Zotero plugin.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
add books, regex, regular expression, regular expressions