Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #31
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
Now that I've got these magnetic adapters attached to my kobo's. I think I'm noticing a battery drain. My kobo was on at 76%, maybe 20 minutes ago and I just came back discovering the please charge message on screen. I've never had that before.

So I think they are draining the batteries somehow, anyone experiencing similar issues?
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:07 PM   #32
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
strange, I just plugged it in and it charged to 100% in 2 minutes. Battery power was dropping 1% every minute. Ok more testing required and I'll have to check the other kobos - I've unplugged the adapter for now.

**update**
After removing I've attached it again, it was either a fluke or not seated properly. I haven't noticed any fast discharging like I noticed yesterday. All seems good.

Last edited by christopher22; 02-08-2019 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added info
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #33
sekazi
Enthusiast
sekazi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
Just to add my experience with them. I have used the Smart&Cool Gen4 brand for my devices since mid last year. I do not have my Kobo Forma yet but it will also be getting one. I use them on my iPhone, AirPods, Oculus Go, Kindle Fire, Kindle Oasis 2018, Android Phone and probably a few other devices.

I never experienced any issues with any of the cables. For MicroUSB only one direction supports data sync and the other direction fast charging. This is useful if you want to charge using a computer USB port and not have it connect to the computer.

The only time I have ever had the connector come off is when I accidentally pull the cable directly instead of at an angle to break the magnetic connection. MicroUSB are far less likely to pull out.
sekazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #34
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
One more data point: I bought one of these to use with Kobo Clara:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1?ie=UTF8&th=1

Will only transfer data when correctly oriented; not when flipped. Fortunately, the cable has a small LED so position is not ambiguous.
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapter, kobo, magnetic