Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
attila.j.horvath
Edge User

file/folder encryption

All

I am new to Entourage tablet, Android and this forum. I purchased my E/E just this past December.

While I love my E/E a major issue I'm having, as I'm discovering, is the unavailability of Android Market (everyone's favorite topic it seems) and the device NOT being rooted ergo limiting available apk's I can use.

Unless I missed something, currently one serious short coming of Android devices in general is the lack of availability of file/folder encryption apk's like Truecrypt - an excellent product except it's not available for Android. Have tried SecretVaultPRO but (at least on my E/E) it doesn't work. Whenever I try closing the vault folder it crashes and corrupts it's contents.

Until something stable comes along like Truecrypt or FreeOTFE for Android this may be a reasonable workaround for some...

You can zip a folder including any subdirectories it might contain and securily encrypt it with APG:As long as files are not frequently required to be opened and/or changed, APG can provide extremely high level of security for sensitive data files.

thoughts/comments?

Attila

Old 01-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Here's one that may work for you.http://jointlogic.com/b-folders/2/android/
The apk is available on their site.

Last edited by cheyennedonna; 01-25-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
STL Droid
Edge User

I use FilesCrypter
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...pter_hfte.html

Old 03-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
martinhentges
Edge User

I know one method to encrypt the file and folder. 1) Open windows explore. 2) Now right click on folder and open it properties. 3) Go to general tab and click on advanced option. 4) Their is compress or encrypt attributes select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box, and then click OK. after this confirmation box will appear then select ok. But take care that if you want to only for folder then click on option only on folder. And another option is use folder lock.