Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #1
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Next Kobo Model - Kobo Clara HD

https://fccid.io/NOIKBN249
https://fccid.io/NOIKBN249/Label/Label-Location-3802576

The Digital Reader

The only thing I find out it have 1500mA battery

Last edited by oren64; 04-02-2018 at 08:44 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
We can pray that Clarita is a 5" device
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Indeed. I don't need a new 6" Kobo as I think the Glo HD is pretty spiffy as it is, but I'd love a viable (hi-res, light) 5" reader.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #4
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Goodereaders says Kobo Clara should be released sometime next month, I don't know if it's true.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Goodereaders says Kobo Clara should be released sometime next month, I don't know if it's true.
That's a safe bet. It fits with the usual timing for Kobo's releases. I'd expect an official announcement either this week or next
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Indeed. I don't need a new 6" Kobo as I think the Glo HD is pretty spiffy as it is, but I'd love a viable (hi-res, light) 5" reader.
Glo HD is no longer available though. So I'm guessing it'll be a 6" screen.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's a safe bet. It fits with the usual timing for Kobo's releases. I'd expect an official announcement either this week or next
The Aura One was released in August. The H2O2 was released in May.

I would not just to any conclusions.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Glo HD is no longer available though. So I'm guessing it'll be a 6" screen.
I'm selfish; I was talking about what I'd like and I have no want for a new 6" Kobo, since I'm entirely happy with my Glo HD. I'd love, however, a truly pocket-size reader with current specs. I've got a Mini, but it's a dinosaur.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm selfish too
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #10
J_K
Enthusiast
J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: H2O 2, Aura 2, Clara HD, Touch
The large exit/close button and the text and icon sizes on the screenshot at https://fccid.io/NOIKBN249/Label/Label-Location-3802576 means it sure looks like a 5" screen.
J_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #11
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I'd probably go for it if it was a 5" screen as I have 3 Kobo Glo HDs, leaves me with 2 backups just in case they never again make a infrared reader.

I just hope they change the name, or everytime I read I'll be thinking of Clarabell the Clown from the Howdy Doody Show.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Announcement from Italian site – translated via Google. (Basically just supposition.)

Quote:
Kobo Clara HD will have 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi n, a 1500 mAh battery (like Aura HD and H2O), and a ceramic antenna. Difficult to understand the dimensions of his panel; from the nomenclature, and from the battery capacity, it should be a 6 inches and not a 6.8 or 7.8, but we have no certainties.

In 2017, these days, Kobo announced the new edition of Aura H2O, almost a year after its big hit: 7.8-inch Aura One - still the best device for large-format digital reading. The company has accustomed us to innovations (impermeability, adjustable light temperature, wire screen - all technologies introduced before the Amazon Kindle rivals) and has acquired the Tolino ecosystem a few months ago.

Kobo Clara HD will have a different screen than usual? At the last CES 2018 we saw something interesting at the E-Ink stand. Maybe it will be that famous 5-inch (Kobo Pika) that has been spoken for years? Or the "Clara" in the name will be the Spanish of our "clear"? Fortunately we should not remain in doubt for a long time.
https://hardware.hdblog.it/2018/03/3...-hd-anteprima/

I guess we just have to wait an see. Does anyone know what the reference to "our clear" is referring to? (EDIT: Never mind. I see the Latin meaning of "clara" is bright or clear.)

Last edited by rcentros; 04-02-2018 at 12:54 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:03 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Could "Clara" (clear) be hinting at a ClearInk display?

EDIT: Never mind. It says right on the announcement "Eink Technology." Looks like I still have the talent for getting it wrong.

Last edited by rcentros; 04-02-2018 at 01:31 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Could "Clara" (clear) be hinting at a ClearInk display?
one can only hope
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #15
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
It is Clara not Clarita lol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote