Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-18-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
dtsmith
dtsmith began at the beginning.

Device: none
ePub3 to Mobi Error - Error(prcgen):E21027: Epub file has more than one opf file

Hi! This is my first post on this forum and was hoping to get an issue with my mobi conversion resolved. I continue to get this error when converting an ePub3 to Mobi via Kindlegen in Terminal:

Error(prcgen):E21027: Epub file has more than one opf file

I actually only have one opf file in the zipped ePub. The file passes validation just fine so I'm not sure where to begin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
dtsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Unzip a copy of your epub and look inside the META-INF folder at the container.xml file.
It is an xml (text) file and can be opened in any text editor.

Look to see if there is more than one rootfile tag. Then make sure the rootfile full-path attribute properly points at what you think is your opf file. This path is relative from the root of the epub (where you see the mimetype and META-INF folder) and is not relative to the location of the container.xml file.

Note, epub3 epubs may have multiple opf files in them to hold multiple renditions of the ebook. That said, no one and nothing I know supports or uses that feature.

Hope this helps track down the issue.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #3
dtsmith
dtsmith began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks KevinH! Unfortunately, I'm still tracking down why this isn't working. There is only one reference to the single OPF file I have in the ePub so I'm not sure why the error is appearing stating there are multiple OPF files in the file.
dtsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:38 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
If you are on Linux or Mac try running:

unzip -t PATHTOYOUREPUB

And post that plus the contents of the container.xml and content.opf and we should be able to figure out what is going on.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You could perhaps try converting using Calibre and seeing if that works any better. Calibre will read ePub3 files, although it doesn't create them itself.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
epub 3, error, mobi conversion