Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-02-2017, 10:09 PM   #16
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchheart View Post
Does anyone know if it s OTG compatible?
do boyue have a website?
thks
OTG works
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #17
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Hi guys.
I got my Boyue Paper (o Likebook Plus) a few days ago. [...] if you have further questions just let me know.
Thank you Colibris,
why not running Geekbench 3 on your device?
Geekbench 3 also supports older Android versions (4 does not).
You will need to be connected to the Internet to obtain the results.

Please also see: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290641, "Multicore Processor"
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #18
nrseife
nrseife began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus illumina e654bk
I just got my Icarus Illumina XL HD (new 2017 one; E785BK)....and interestingly it says "Likebook plus" on the back...wondering if the HW is the same (but the Icarus label(s)).
Runs Android 4.2.2; seems quite snappy and has improvements wrt my previous 6 inch Icarus (2016 version;E654BK): now supports contact sync and calendar sync and passwords.
I have not tried OTG yet...

Last edited by nrseife; 10-10-2017 at 01:18 PM.
nrseife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #19
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Thank you Colibris,

Please also see: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290641, "Multicore Processor"
Hi, mdp. Just wasn't interested in knowing all that stuff from the device (kind of picky installing only apps that I really want to use ). For me the device works great so I just wasn't curious about it.
Anyways if anyone is interested in any aspect of the device just let me know.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:57 AM   #20
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can anybody with a BOYUE Likebook Plus or an Icarus Illumina XL HD run Geekbench 3 on it?
Thanks
Advert
Old 10-11-2017, 02:29 AM   #21
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Can anybody with a BOYUE Likebook Plus or an Icarus Illumina XL HD run Geekbench 3 on it?
Thanks
Sure. Which information do you want me to post?
Old 10-11-2017, 03:39 AM   #22
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Colibris, I already asked you earlier, and you wrote you do not want to run the app...
Look, you keep your preference on what to do on your device - but as soon as you have run it you can uninstall it.
It will give you/us three pieces of information:
-- the hardware, short string (e.g. it's a "RockChip 1234a". Not even the information person at Icarus could give the information);
-- the performance score when using a single CPU core;
-- the performance score when using the whole CPU, all cores.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:16 AM   #23
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Thank you Colibris,
Sorry, from your post (that I read kind of fast) I just understood you wanted to know why I hadn't installed the app, so I answered to that . My bad. Next time ask me directly what you want so I understand clearly. As far as you don't ask me to step on the e-reader and jump and see what happens... I'm happy to help.
I'll post later the results.

Last edited by colibris79; 10-11-2017 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:23 AM   #24
colibris79
Zealot

-- the hardware, short string (e.g. it's a "RockChip 1234a". Not even the information person at Icarus could give the information):
Motherboard: rk30sdk; Processor: ARM RK30board @ 1.61 GHz

I ran the app twice so I got slightly different results
-- the performance score when using a single CPU core;
First I got 467, second 456
Under "Integer": first I got 595, second 565

-- the performance score when using the whole CPU, all cores.[/QUOTE]
MULTI-CORE comparison : first time 1127, second 1146
Under "Integer it says": first time 1417, second 1543

I post a few screenshots from the results from first time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-10-11-18-56-54.png
Views:	694
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	159397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-10-11-18-57-24.png
Views:	526
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	159398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-10-11-19-01-23.png
Views:	511
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	159399   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-10-11-19-01-42.png
Views:	505
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	159400  
Old 10-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #25
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Thanks, that looks like a definite improvement over the imx6 single cores you get on onyx devices!
I'd totally buy this if only they had included a microSD slot...
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #26
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
Thanks, that looks like a definite improvement over the imx6 single cores you get on onyx devices!
I'd totally buy this if only they had included a microSD slot...
@Colibris: thanks!

Compared to the i.MX 6SoloLite you mention, the processor has similar absolute performance but it has a 60% higher clock; the multicore is not really giving quadruple single, so maybe it has a special architecture like the big.LITTLE?
I will search info in a little while, I am not sure what exact CPU is mounted.

EDIT: I cannot find (I am not at a desk) what a "ARM implementer 65 architecture 7 variant 3 part 3081 revision 0" is, commercial name...

EDIT2: But the equivalence could be the following:

[...]
RK2918 / 64BIT [RK29]
RK3066 / 64BIT [RK30]
RK3188 / 32BIT (X86) [RK31]

I was hoping for a "RK32" (RK3288) ; )
But this looks not bad already!

Last edited by mdp; 10-11-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #27
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
@Colibris: thanks!

Compared to the i.MX 6SoloLite you mention, the processor has similar absolute performance but it has a 60% higher clock
WTF! How is it possible? Higher clock speed, 4 cores and sports about the same performance?
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #28
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
WTF! How is it possible? Higher clock speed, 4 cores and sports about the same performance?
I wrote absolute performance. Absolute from clock speed.
The i.MX 6SoloLite has a value around 275 and a clock around 1000; this odd processor (a variant of 3188? Cannot get it yet) around 460 and a clock around 1600. 460/275 = 1.6 ... You clock that the same, they perform the same. Not all processors have the same performance per clock. The RK3288 is comparatively higher: median values almost at 800 clocked at 1800MHz. That means that if it were clocked at 1000 like the SoloLite, it would still be over 50% faster - just a single core. And of course it has four at your service.

Compared to the i.MX 6SoloLite in real practice, this "rk30board" will probably give the sensation of being two or three times as fast, and five times as fast when blessed with the right conditions.
Two or three times as fast, because "real practice" SoloLite, having a single core, often have a substantial queue to process.

Last edited by mdp; 10-11-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #29
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
I would love to know a couple of things:

-- A2 mode (or "Black-and-white without greys but also without the flashing effect upon change"): how fast does it look? Is ghosting evident? Could you try playing videos?

-- Office Automation, text editing: could you try Kingsoft version 5.12 and/or WPS latest version, and tell us the experience? (I hope you have a keyboard to connect, either BT or USB-OTG)

Last edited by mdp; 10-11-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #30
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
a variant of 3188? Cannot get it yet
shell@android:/system $ cat build.prop | grep rk
ro.product.board=rk30sdk
ro.board.platform=rk3188
ro.build.description=rk30sdk-user 4.2.2 JDQ39 113 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/113:user/release-keys
ro.boeye.provider=rk
ro.boeye.product=rk3026
ro.rksdk.version=RK30_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK-v1.00.00
sys.rkadb.root=0
ro.rk.MassStorage=false
ro.rk.systembar.voiceicon=false
ro.rk.systembar.tabletUI=true
ro.rk.screenoff_time=60000
ro.rk.def_brightness=200
ro.rk.homepage_base=http://www.google.com/webhp?client={CID}&source=android-home
ro.rk.install_non_market_apps=false
ro.rk.bt_enable=true
guest is offline   Reply With Quote