Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-19-2018, 10:55 PM   #41821
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
First, important stuff: @Stranger, @Pooh, glad to hear that you and the resident furballs are all okay.

Second, laughing my ass off at the most incompetent Spam I think I've ever seen:

Oh, no!!! My GADGET has an STD!

Absolutely hilarious. Who the hell would click on that? I honestly can't even figure out what on earth s/he thought s/he was doing!

Hitch
Seriously?! Only $300? My guy wanted more than $2000!

Maybe I'm just that much more interesting?
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:57 PM   #41822
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad to hear you guys are safe and at least somewhat dry, poohbear_nc and astrangerhere!
Old 09-20-2018, 06:08 AM   #41823
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Glad to hear you guys are safe and at least somewhat dry, poohbear_nc and astrangerhere!
And VERY lucky. My house is set up on a small hill. But I will never be over the sight of a car floating past in my front yard!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:47 AM   #41824
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Seriously?! Only $300? My guy wanted more than $2000!

Maybe I'm just that much more interesting?
Maybe he saw my aging butt naked, and took pity on me.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:39 PM   #41825
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Maybe he saw my aging butt naked, and took pity on me.
lol Barely finished meditating. Now I'm heading to University Near Mom to volunteer.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #41826
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I just emailed TP-link about a travel router.

I bought the TL-WR810N last year, which is not only a router, access point and range extender but is also able to be set up as a wifi hotspot when traveling (use one log-in for multiple devices and be able to use with Chromecast). I wasn't able to set it up when I tried in Newcastle last year, but thought I was making a mistake. With my upcoming vacation in November I decided to figure it out tonight. And it turns out TP-Link removed the hotspot option on the European version.

Not a huge problem, in our house a portable range extender and access point is always handy. After some research I found another wifi hotspot router available in the Netherlands. Again made by TP-Link. According to the manual and Dutch website you should be able to set it up as a hotspot. But just to be safe I emailed them to ask if this is correct. One can only use so many access point/range extenders, even in our thick walled house.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:02 AM   #41827
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looking for something new to read. I've got a huge TBR pile and still a couple of goals to fulfill for 2018, but I'm in the mood for some fun, over the top action and I've read most of those written by my favourite authors (James Rollins, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child) so I need to find some new authors. I don't want to commit to a series at the moment, so I've bought Matthew Reilly's Temple to see if I like his writing.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:42 AM   #41828
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
reading a newspaper,which in these net days is something of a rarity for me!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:42 AM   #41829
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Looking for something new to read. I've got a huge TBR pile and still a couple of goals to fulfill for 2018, but I'm in the mood for some fun, over the top action and I've read most of those written by my favourite authors (James Rollins, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child) so I need to find some new authors. I don't want to commit to a series at the moment, so I've bought Matthew Reilly's Temple to see if I like his writing.
I've been in a peculiar mood lately...I'm caught up on most of my fave authors; I haven't (recently) stumbled over any new ones that I really like, more than "average." So I've been re-reading all the ESG Perry Masons, lol. In ebook format, from Amazon--do NOT get me started about scanning errors, etc. Drives me nuts.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #41830
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've been in a peculiar mood lately...I'm caught up on most of my fave authors; I haven't (recently) stumbled over any new ones that I really like, more than "average." So I've been re-reading all the ESG Perry Masons, lol. In ebook format, from Amazon--do NOT get me started about scanning errors, etc. Drives me nuts.

Hitch
I'm currently reading a long book that's a slow read for me, not helped by last week being very busy and not having much time to read. So after this I need something that's fun, over the top and quick (hopefully).

I know that when I go on vacation in November I'll want to read some horror. So I need to look for that soon.

Right now I'm icing my big toe, I somehow managed to hurt the/a tendon on the bottom of my toe last week. During the day it doesn't bother me too much, but in the evening it does. So I'll have to see if icing helps. So far it only makes it hurt worse, but maybe later tonight it'll bother me less, hopefully.

Meanwhile I also made a list of things I still need to buy before going on vacation. The biggest thing on the list is new hiking shoes, to replace my still good, but very squeaky hiking boots.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #41831
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Spending way too much time in Quadrant Four:

trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:43 PM   #41832
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm off today, and my wife had a business meeting, so I drove her to it and have been sat at a cafe reading War and Peace all day. I am re-reading the glorious Pevear and Volokhonsky translation and I have about 200 pages left. Re-reading this at a slow, attentive pace was one of my reading goals for this year, and it seems I am about to reach it.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:05 PM   #41833
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm off today, and my wife had a business meeting, so I drove her to it and have been sat at a cafe reading War and Peace all day. I am re-reading the glorious Pevear and Volokhonsky translation and I have about 200 pages left. Re-reading this at a slow, attentive pace was one of my reading goals for this year, and it seems I am about to reach it.
What's the water situation for your area? Flood waters all receded? Your day sounds pleasantly normal.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:08 PM   #41834
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
What's the water situation for your area? Flood waters all receded? Your day sounds pleasantly normal.
Yep, waters are all down. We are just, as a town, in the cleanup phase of dried mud everywhere.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:28 AM   #41835
cromag

Decompressing after a longer than usual day with my second glass of wine.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?