Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #31
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Thanks - I'll have a go at that later and let you know how I get on.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #32
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
There is conveniently a separate directory for Aura and there is only one file there:
u-boot_mddr_512-E606C0-K4X2G323PC.bin

So, I guess, there is only one pcb and ram type so far for Aura.
But the number "512" is interesting, because in all the other cases it is "256"
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2013, 03:02 AM   #33
Paxerus
Paxerus is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Aura hd
Kobo Aura - 512 mb RAM

Spoiler:

Код
(none) login: root
[root@(none) ~]# uname -a
Linux (none) 2.6.35.3-850-gbc67621+ #1038 PREEMPT Thu Apr 25 15:48:22 CST 2013 armv7l GNU/Linux
[root@(none) ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 166.57
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x2
CPU part : 0xc08
CPU revision : 5

Hardware : Freescale MX50 Reference Design Platform
Revision : 50011
Serial : 0000000000000000

[root@(none) ~]# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 513904 kB
MemFree: 332956 kB
Buffers: 4072 kB
Cached: 74864 kB
SwapCached: 0 kB
Active: 56424 kB
Inactive: 51828 kB
Active(anon): 29324 kB
Inactive(anon): 536 kB
Active(file): 27100 kB
Inactive(file): 51292 kB
Unevictable: 0 kB
Mlocked: 0 kB
HighTotal: 0 kB
HighFree: 0 kB
LowTotal: 513904 kB
LowFree: 332956 kB
SwapTotal: 0 kB
SwapFree: 0 kB
Dirty: 4 kB
Writeback: 0 kB
AnonPages: 29340 kB
Mapped: 29032 kB
Shmem: 544 kB
Slab: 3412 kB
SReclaimable: 1608 kB
SUnreclaim: 1804 kB
KernelStack: 496 kB
PageTables: 512 kB
NFS_Unstable: 0 kB
Bounce: 0 kB
WritebackTmp: 0 kB
CommitLimit: 256952 kB
Committed_AS: 108148 kB
VmallocTotal: 1376256 kB
VmallocUsed: 1724 kB
VmallocChunk: 1369496 kB
[root@(none) ~]#
Paxerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #34
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
This looks fantastic- I will have to try it out. I may give it a try on my Kobo Mini.
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #35
byblo
Traumatized
byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: paper, Kobo Glue
Very nice project

What about the power consumption ?
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #36
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Is it possible to install Calibre on this OS? If so, I think we can use its ebook viewer.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #37
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I fail to understand what the benefit would be of having calibre running on an eReader...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #38
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I fail to understand what the benefit would be of having calibre running on an eReader...
A version without format conversion and just the ebook management and the reader, could be among the best things to have on a dedicated ebook reader. I wonder if a Linux portable version could work, like the Calibre XP Portable version? It might even be possible to have one version for the internal uSD card, which might replace Nickel altogether and another for an external uSD card that would just be an additional option, like Koreader.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #39
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancol90 View Post
The last sector should be the Sector 139.
Thanks, works great!
Just one thing, the last sector is 279, not 139, or I did something wrong.
It is working, though.

Not sure if this is specific for the Mini, but is the green light supposed to blink all the time?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #40
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Not sure if this is specific for the Mini, but is the green light supposed to blink all the time?
The green light blinks on my Glo too. I think you should be able to stop the blinking with the following command (but I haven't tested it):
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/pmic_ledsg/brightness
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:52 AM   #41
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
> This makes me wonder how I should use the "unallocated" space I have on this 16GB card? I could add a little to both, I guess.

Ken, you can write image to SD card and then resize KoboReader partition with resizing tool that supports Linux partitions (gparted for Linux or MiniTool Partition for Windows).
For those who (like me) had some trouble with this on Windows, after installing MiniTool Partition you will at first still not be able to resize the Debian or the Kobo partition.
The trick is to create a copy of the linux swap partition at the end of the card (there is a menu item for this in MiniTool Partition), then delete the (original) swap partition, and THEN you can resize the other partitions.

Like Don_Karnage earlier in this thread I ran into the problem that I could not use an 8GB SD card, it was too small, just curious, why is that? Does not really matter for me anymore since I now used a 16GB card, but I still wonder...
Old 08-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #42
dancol90
dancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with others

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
I've solved this by adding these lines in /etc/init.d/rcS
Code:
# Turn off the blinking green led.
echo "ch 4" > /sys/devices/platform/pmic_light.1/lit
echo "cur 0" > /sys/devices/platform/pmic_light.1/lit
echo "dc 0" > /sys/devices/platform/pmic_light.1/lit
just before these lines:

Code:
eink_enable_autoupdate
./debian-startx
eink_disable_autoupdate
dancol90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #43
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
As I said, we could use its ebook viewer instead of Koreader.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #44
WS64

A few questions...

How do I enable WLAN?
When I click on the WiFi button on the start screen a wifi symbol appears, that's all. When I try the Start(?) button, then Config/WiFi/Start a window pops up and does something until it gets stuck at 50% of "Getting IP". It never asks me for the WLAN to connect to or any password...

FBReader in fullscreen?
Any way to change FBReader to fullscreen? I do not have much space on my Mini, and way too much is wasted for the top and the bottom menu, how to make them go away?

How do I edit files, e.g. /etc/init.d/rcS ?
I was hoping to Telnet or anything like that, but since I can't get WLAN to start that does not work (so far).

And last (for now), is there no way to connect to my PC from Debian? Only way I see right now is to boot into the Kobo firmware and then connect to my PC.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #45
dancol90
dancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with othersdancol90 plays well with others

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
A few questions...

How do I enable WLAN?

How do I edit files, e.g. /etc/init.d/rcS ?
I was hoping to Telnet or anything like that, but since I can't get WLAN to start that does not work (so far).
Try this: boot into nickel, setup WiFi in the configuration as usual and reboot. Now it should work.
Anyway, telnetd will start in nickel environment too when connecting to wifi.

For the fullscreen problem, on the Touch the home button is mapped to toggle fullscreen. On Mini we have to find another way to toggle.
I've thought about an icon near the keyboards ones but once in fullscreen it will not be reachable, so it will be impossible to exit from fullscreen...
dancol90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image, kobo, linux, tablet, x11