Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-08-2022, 11:05 AM   #1141
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Today's Big Deal at Kindle UK is the first seven of Simon Scarrow's Cato/Macro (Eagles of the Empire) books for £0.99 each. I've really really enjoyed this series over the years, starting from back when I used to pick up the paperbacks on business trips in the UK because they were almost impossible to find in the US. The characters are fun, and the historical background is always interesting as Scarrow moves Cato and Macro through all the important events of the Roman Empire of their time. The early books also tend to have a mystery/crime element, and that's where I originally found them in UK bookstores, but the series has gotten more historical fiction and less historical mystery as it progressed, IMO. But still really enjoyable!

The sale titles are:
  • Under the Eagle
  • The Eagle's Conquest
  • When the Eagle Hunts
  • The Eagle and the Wolves
  • The Eagle's Prey
  • The Eagle's Prophecy
  • The Eagle in the Sand

And here are links to the Big Deal webpage:
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_ac...ode=4725112031
Kindle UK/Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_...ode=4725112031

Last edited by sufue; 05-08-2022 at 11:17 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 01:04 PM   #1142
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All of these had gone back up, but are now back down to £0.99 each. Not quite sure why, but if you missed any the last (brief) time, here's a second chance. And it might be brief too!

The link in @pdurrant's post doesn't work anymore, but here's a price sorted search that gives the seven books, and also a couple of strays...

Kindle UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/?s...&price=099-099
Kindle UK/Smile: http://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/...&price=099-099

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Seven of Bernard Cornwell's "Richard Sharpe" series are on offer at Amazon UK today. Rather oddly, books 15-20 and 22:
Sharpe’s Enemy: The Defence of Portugal, Christmas 1812
Sharpe’s Honour: The Vitoria Campaign, February to June 1813
Sharpe’s Regiment: The Invasion of France, June to November 1813
Sharpe’s Siege: The Winter Campaign, 1814
Sharpe’s Revenge: The Peace of 1814
Sharpe’s Waterloo: The Waterloo Campaign, 15–18 June, 1815
Sharpe’s Devil: Napoleon and South America, 1820–1821
Advert
Old 05-13-2022, 03:06 PM   #1143
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
The Kent Family Chronicles Volumes One Through Three: The Bastard, The Rebels, and The Seekers by John Jakes - $2.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0741XHCZ8

Buck a book. First three in a series of eight. A popular historical novelist, most of his books were NYT bestsellers. I enjoyed them when I read them but that has been many years.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:24 PM   #1144
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
The Kent Family Chronicles Volumes One Through Three: The Bastard, The Rebels, and The Seekers by John Jakes - $2.99

Buck a book. First three in a series of eight. A popular historical novelist, most of his books were NYT bestsellers. I enjoyed them when I read them but that has been many years.
The Bastard was educational when I read it in school. And by educational, I don't mean just the parts about history.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:14 PM   #1145
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
The Bastard was educational when I read it in school. And by educational, I don't mean just the parts about history.
Woah! You just triggered a memory. Yep, my parents were pretty conservative back then, but somehow had this series. Learned a lot!
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2022, 10:25 PM   #1146
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
The Bastard was educational when I read it in school.
it was adapted as a miniseries when I was a young 'un and I remember being shocked when the announcer kept repeating THE BASTARD in the commercial.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 01:34 PM   #1147
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:

I had forgotten about these books. Thanks!
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:53 AM   #1148
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:

I've been meaning to read the rest of this series for years! I only read the first two.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:55 AM   #1149
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
it was adapted as a miniseries when I was a young 'un and I remember being shocked when the announcer kept repeating THE BASTARD in the commercial.
Hahahahaha! Brave of him to use the title in those days, but perfectly descriptive of what the book is about.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:47 AM   #1150
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Go Tell the Bees that I am Gone is the latest (ninth) in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. It has dropped to £1.99 at Kindle UK, much earlier than I expected to see it drop, even for the "one-day UK price-drop on new series titles" thing. I'd grab it now if you want it though...

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B092DTBWN4
Kindle UK/Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B092DTBWN4

Spoiler:
Quote:
Jamie Fraser and Claire Randall were torn apart by the Jacobite Rising of 1745, and it took them twenty years to find each other again. Now the American Revolution threatens to do the same.

It is 1779 and Claire and Jamie are at last reunited with their daughter, Brianna, her husband, Roger, and their children on Fraser's Ridge. Having the family together is a dream the Frasers had thought impossible.

Yet even in the North Carolina backcountry, the effects of war are being felt. Tensions in the Colonies are great and local feelings run hot enough to boil Hell's tea-kettle. Jamie knows loyalties among his own tenants are split and the war is on his doorstep. It's only a matter of time before the shooting starts.

Not so far away, young William Ransom is still coming to terms with the discovery of his true father's identity - and thus his own. Lord John Grey also has reconciliations to make and dangers to meet . . . on his son's behalf, and his own.

Meanwhile, the Southern Colonies blaze, and the Revolution creeps ever closer to Fraser's Ridge. And Claire, the physician, wonders how much of the blood to be spilt will belong to those she loves.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:07 PM   #1151
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
The Circle by Dave Eggers is $1.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER • A bestselling dystopian novel that tackles surveillance, privacy and the frightening intrusions of technology in our lives—a “compulsively readable parable for the 21st century”(Vanity Fair).

When Mae Holland is hired to work for the Circle, the world’s most powerful internet company, she feels she’s been given the opportunity of a lifetime. The Circle, run out of a sprawling California campus, links users’ personal emails, social media, banking, and purchasing with their universal operating system, resulting in one online identity and a new age of civility and transparency.

As Mae tours the open-plan office spaces, the towering glass dining facilities, the cozy dorms for those who spend nights at work, she is thrilled with the company’s modernity and activity. There are parties that last through the night, there are famous musicians playing on the lawn, there are athletic activities and clubs and brunches, and even an aquarium of rare fish retrieved from the Marianas Trench by the CEO.

Mae can’t believe her luck, her great fortune to work for the most influential company in the world—even as life beyond the campus grows distant, even as a strange encounter with a colleague leaves her shaken, even as her role at the Circle becomes increasingly public.

What begins as the captivating story of one woman’s ambition and idealism soon becomes a heart-racing novel of suspense, raising questions about memory, history, privacy, democracy, and the limits of human knowledge.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 02:26 AM   #1152
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
No One Is Talking About This by Patricia Lockwood is $2.99 on Amazon.com
Warning: Extremely Online.
Review by Adam Roberts

Quote:
As this urgent, genre-defying book opens, a woman who has recently been elevated to prominence for her social media posts travels around the world to meet her adoring fans. She is overwhelmed by navigating the new language and etiquette of what she terms "the portal," where she grapples with an unshakable conviction that a vast chorus of voices is now dictating her thoughts. When existential threats--from climate change and economic precariousness to the rise of an unnamed dictator and an epidemic of loneliness--begin to loom, she posts her way deeper into the portal's void. An avalanche of images, details, and references accumulate to form a landscape that is post-sense, post-irony, post-everything. "Are we in hell?" the people of the portal ask themselves. "Are we all just going to keep doing this until we die?"

Suddenly, two texts from her mother pierce the fray: "Something has gone wrong," and "How soon can you get here?" As real life and its stakes collide with the increasingly absurd antics of the portal, the woman confronts a world that seems to contain both an abundance of proof that there is goodness, empathy, and justice in the universe, and a deluge of evidence to the contrary.

Fragmentary and omniscient, incisive and sincere, No One Is Talking About This is at once a love letter to the endless scroll and a profound, modern meditation on love, language, and human connection from a singular voice in American literature.

Last edited by salty-horse; 05-30-2022 at 02:57 AM.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:43 AM   #1153
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
No One Is Talking About This by Patricia Lockwood is $2.99 on Amazon.com
Warning: Extremely Online.
Review by Adam Roberts
This is my kind of book. Rave Reviews and a

FINALIST FOR THE 2021 BOOKER PRIZE & A NEW YORK TIMES TOP 10 BOOK OF 2021
WINNER OF THE DYLAN THOMAS PRIZE

Bought it while listening to the album Ssssh. (Ten Years After)

Thank you!

YUP! In fact, this deserves a double Yup: Yup! Yup!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 04:02 AM   #1154
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Bernard Cornwell's latest Richard Sharpe novel, Sharpe's Assassin is just £1.99 at Amazon UK at the moment:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08M9L9Q4K/
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:17 PM   #1155
CaffeineAbuser
CaffeineAbuser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Today's Big Deal at Amazon UK is the first 8 books in Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin series, at £0.99 each. Numbers 1-5 have been this price before. Not sure about numbers 6-8. (The covers are different but the URLs seem to be the same.)

(Sorry, less than 2 hours left. Thought this had been posted already but cannot find it).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_ac...rd_i=341677031
CaffeineAbuser is offline   Reply With Quote