Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-08-2024, 08:48 AM   #1
Barrayar
Barrayar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Possibility to differentiate on which device is book installed?

Hello,
I have two readers, one from Kobo, and another, a color one, from Boox. Me and my wife use both. But... we have one instance of Calilbre installed on PC. Is it possible to have enlisted on which device is the book installed, without active connection to the device? Maybe an option in future?
Barrayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:27 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Our buddy 'by manually ' tagging in Calibre.

I have: on K4 (my Kindle 4) and on L2 or A2 (my Kobos)

I assume you share books and not just the PC?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2024, 05:38 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrayar View Post
Hello,
I have two readers, one from Kobo, and another, a color one, from Boox. Me and my wife use both. But... we have one instance of Calilbre installed on PC. Is it possible to have enlisted on which device is the book installed, without active connection to the device? Maybe an option in future?
What I've done is to create a custom column where that information are stored. The first time out, I connected my ereader and bulk added his to the custom column for all on device books. I then connected my spouse's ereader and bulk added her to the custom column for all on device books. After that, I just add the values to that column depending on which of us they are intended for.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 12:41 AM   #4
Ghostcat
Enthusiast
Ghostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the husk

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
You could use the "Auto populate from device" option from the "Reading List" plugin.

Be aware that this list is populated when the device is connected but after any lists have been sync'ed. If you don't use "Reading List" to download your books, you will need to connect a second time.

If you need help with this, let me know and I will be happy to provide more detailed instructions.
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote