Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 02-11-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Percentage in red circle?

I’ve just noticed for the first time a percentage in a red circle at the top of a page in Marvin 3. This is neither my battery percentage nor my progress in the book. Has anyone seen this who can tell me what this is indicating?

Thanks,
mdclanahan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	78CBB20B-6049-4684-ABA8-D9963883CD6A.jpeg
Views:	313
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	177076  
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
I believe it's the percentage in the current chapter?
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
When you tap the top corner it leaves a "bookmark". You can then return to it later. Bookmarks have the percent completed of the Book to distinguish them from other bookmarks.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:38 PM   #4
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
When you tap the top corner it leaves a "bookmark". You can then return to it later. Bookmarks have the percent completed of the Book to distinguish them from other bookmarks.
Hmm maybe that's a setting? I am currently 59% in a book but 0% in a chapter and the little red dot reflects that. If I turn a few pages the number goes up.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
Hmm maybe that's a setting?
That wouldn't surprise me...Marvin is full of customizable things!

Edit: Had me curious...I couldn't find a setting for it...and after testing, it works as you described ...

Last edited by Turtle91; 02-11-2020 at 06:32 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2020, 06:38 PM   #6
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
I believe it's the percentage in the current chapter?
This appears to be it. If it tap the top right corner, it shows up. If I turn the page and tap again, it increases accordingly.

Interestingly, when I add a bookmark from the Tools menu, this also makes the red circle with percentage show up.
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:48 AM   #7
Squirsier
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
That wouldn't surprise me...Marvin is full of customizable things!
So much. I check this forum daily in case of the miraculous return of Marvin in development...