Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 06:21 AM   #1
prom king
Sloshed
prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sony PRS-500
Can't open lrf format with

Recently I updated Calibre to newest version and now when I convert ebooks to lrf format I can't open them in calibre e-book viewer.

For every e-book I try to open I first get an error message that says:

Quote:
calibre, version 4.14.0
ERROR: Unhandled error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'is_html' of undefined<br><span style="font-size:smaller">Error at userscript:viewer.js:37212:23</span>

Traceback (most recent call last):
at XMLHttpRequest.ρσ_anonfunc (userscript:viewer.js:5830:21)
at complete_callback (userscript:viewer.js:5798:17)
at manifest_received (userscript:viewer.js:37361:22)
at View.display_book (userscript:viewer.js:36385:39)
at View.ρσ_interpolate_kwargs (userscript:viewer.js:2616:18)
at View.show_name (userscript:viewer.js:36496:18)
at View.load_doc (userscript:viewer.js:36515:13)
at load_resources (userscript:viewer.js:13272:13)
at do_one (userscript:viewer.js:13224:31)
at Object.get_file (userscript:viewer.js:37212:23)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'is_html' of undefined
And then it is loading forever. While on older version I could open lrf ebooks, to check how they are converted before I put them on my Sony PRS 500
prom king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:17 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I see the same error trying to view LRF with the Calibre viewer using 4.14.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:12 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...e77adfa2736045

note you will need to clear the viewer's cache for the fix to work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:15 AM   #4
prom king
Sloshed
prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great, kovidgoyal, but what do I do with that piece of code? I do see people exchanging code on github but I never see instructions of what to do with that code.

I am little bit in programming and I presume that code was written in java?
Old 04-26-2020, 07:04 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prom king View Post
Great, kovidgoyal, but what do I do with that piece of code? I do see people exchanging code on github but I never see instructions of what to do with that code.

I am little bit in programming and I presume that code was written in java?
You just have to wait until the next version of Calibre is released and your problem will be solved.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:01 AM   #6
prom king
Sloshed

What, you can't tell me how to paste that code into the program? I tried opening ebook-viewer.exe with Notepad++ but all I get is a display of some strange characters.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:12 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
What, you can't tell me how to paste that code into the program? I tried opening ebook-viewer.exe with Notepad++ but all I get is a display of some strange characters.
You are running a compiled version of Calibre. So you'll have to wait for the next version to be released.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:21 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
To use the code snippets, you will need to be running calibre from source. See Setting up a calibre development environment for information on doing this.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:05 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@prom king - uninstall 4.14, and install the version you were using before - you won't lose any settings or books.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

@prom king For now, don't open with. Just click the LRF format in the formats list and you'll get a viewer that's not the main viewer, but it works well enough.