Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Question about using Calibre for a Music Library

Yes, I know Calibre is for books, but I wanted to know if there is a possibility of using it to organize my music library.

The basic idea is the same, adding tags, cleaning up titles, (authors), albums, adding album covers, etc. Being able to sort by tag, etc.

I just hate the way Apple iTunes makes it so difficult to really sort and identify my music. I can't even find a column that would let me know if a song is already in a playlist.

All I see is how I wish I could just throw the music into Calibre and clean it up and find out what I have and put them into proper playlists.

I am sorry to do this here, but I didn't know what else to do.

So, I thought I would throw out the idea. Also, if anyone can reccomend an SQ type of music manager, I would love to hear about it.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:53 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For albums you could add playlists to calibre rather than individual audio files. But then you can't have songwriter names alongside each song, if you add each song individually you could use the Series columns for album, etc etc.

I abandoned my efforts to twist calibre into being a music library manager. I used Quod Libet for a while but I gave up that too, and went back to my own folder structure and the 1by1 Directory player.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:59 AM   #3
tvg
tvg began at the beginning.

Device: iphone and ipad
Mediamonkey is your friend, it works similar to calibre, but is music oriented. A free solution for maging tags is tagscanner. The tags are put into the music file so they will show up in any mediaplayer

Last edited by tvg; 04-26-2020 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Misspelled word
tvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:24 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
calibre as music library is not a good match
neither is Plex as a book server
there are too many structural differences between music collections and book collections.
yes they both have authors/composers and can have tags but that's about where it ends.
audiobooks is a sort of marginal case, does not fit either particularly well but there are apps which only do audiobooks and which do it well
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote