Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-02-2021, 05:41 AM   #1
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Change Linux appimage to store history data in the same way as the android app

Hi!
I've installed Koreader on my android tablet and on my linux pc with the appimage.
On both devices there is a copy of a Calibre library (about 80GBs).
I noted that the android app stores its configuration data into /sdcard/koreader/
while the linux one stores in ~/.config/koreader.
The two folders contains the same directories, but android stores history data (small .lua files for each book) in the /sdcard/koreader/history folder while linux one adds a subfolder named as the file and terminating with .sdr inside the Calibre library book subfolder.
Is it possible to config the linux app to store those files in the same way as the app does (inside ~/.config/koreader/history), instead?
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:15 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
The behaviour is the same in all platforms.

If the storage is writable by the app each book has its own sidecar folder with metadata (hence .sdr). If the storage is readable the metadata is stored into a central folder. The path of the folder is platform specific.

If the question is: is it possible to store metadata in a central folder even if the storage is writable?. The answer is no without hacking the code.

I think there was an answer somewhere on github made by poire-z that points to a few code changes to make it happen but I cannot find it right now
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote