Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Unhandled error in viewer: Sigil Plugin Framework

I opened the last Sigil Plugin Framework guide (just downloaded from here), and on getting to the 2nd section, the display began to jump up and down. Reloading the book solved the issue for some 30 seconds, and on the 3rd try I got the following error message:
Code:
calibre, version 4.2.0
ERROR: Unhandled error: Uncaught IndexSizeError: Failed to execute 'setStart' on 'Range': 
The offset 23 is larger than the node's length (22).<br><span style="font-size:smaller">Error at 

userscript:viewer.js:13635:23</span>

Traceback (most recent call last): 
at fn (userscript:viewer.js:13635:23)
Error: Failed to execute 'setStart' on 'Range': The offset 23 is larger than the node's length (22).
Please, somebody knows what can be happening?
Thanks!
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
update to verion 4.3
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2019, 11:25 AM   #3
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
update to verion 4.3
Sory, Kovid: just updated, and although I got no new error warning, the 'jumping' behaviour of the display it's still there.

More: it's restricted to a couple of sbsections of section 'The Edit Plugin Interface', having the headings:
'Routines for reading / writing / adding / deleting files in the OPF manifest'
and
'Routines for reading / writing / adding / deleting other ebook files that do not exist in the OPF manifest'
As I have the viewer configured for 'section heading' as the middle header, I strongly suspect that the trouble comes from the exceedingly long headings--which seems to make sense in view of the error message I got--see my first post.
Of course, were the book one of my own editing, I would try the old Latex trick of 'short heading for headers/footers...', implemented in html through the 'title attribute'--.
But, in the circumstances, it seems better to give some opportunity of having the issue addressed at source--there are sure to be other books with long headings...
Old 11-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This should take care of it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...c298f3de35c573
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #5
carmenchu
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
A ton of
Advert