Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2019, 08:47 PM   #1126
e18281
e18281 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@e18281: Does setting the kerning to "best" help?
sorry. my bad. i used a font that is incompatible with chinese.
e18281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:34 PM   #1127
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No worries .

KOReader's CJK font happens to have been updated for 2019.03, so there was a chance it could have gone wonky .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2019, 01:53 AM   #1128
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I use version 2019.07 legacy on Kindle Keyboard K3. It works OK, but the most facility I want is not available (grey): two column pdf support. Do I missed some setting to make the two column pdf work just like in kindlepdfviewer or Librerator R2?
Thanks
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:09 AM   #1129
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKuns View Post
make the two column pdf work just like in kindlepdfviewer or Librerator R2?
It's unlikely although not impossible that there's something KindlePDFViewer does that KOReader doesn't. What do you mean by two-column PDF support precisely?

If you mean reflow, the bottom menu is accessible on keyboard-only devices by pressing a button like "enter" or "ok". This might be in the middle of arrow buttons. Reflow can then be enabled under the right-most tab (some kind of gear).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:11 AM   #1130
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
It's unlikely although not impossible that there's something KindlePDFViewer does that KOReader doesn't. What do you mean by two-column PDF support precisely?

If you mean reflow, the bottom menu is accessible on keyboard-only devices by pressing a button like "enter" or "ok". This might be in the middle of arrow buttons. Reflow can then be enabled under the right-most tab (some kind of gear).
I understand now that for .pdf, KOReader "Columns" is active after I select "Reflow". The "Columns" is like informing "KOReader" that the source .pdf is in one, two, or three columns format. Thank you.

But that is not what I thought. I want to replicate KindlePDFViewer/Librerator "zoom to fit margin 2-column mode". In KindkePDFViewer/Librerator, this is accessible by pressing "F" on the Kindle Keyboard. It does not reflow, but it allows reading two columns .pdf such journal article. It is handy for .pdf that has pictures or tables. Reflow, most of the time, "destroy" these pictures and tables.

Other activities that I routinely do with KindlePDFViewer/Librerator is zoom in/out and highlighting. It is easy to do in KindlePDFViewer/Librerator by using "ALT + < >" for zooming in/out and "N" to put the cursor on the screen and start to highlighting. I read that both are not a problem in KOReader for Kindle with touch ability, but I cannot find any reference on how to do this on Kindle with Keyboard.

Is there any way to zoom in/out and highlighting on Kindle Keyboard in KOReader? Also, in KOReader, how can I look up the dictionary for word that in .pdf? Many thanks.
Advert
Old 07-21-2019, 05:07 AM   #1131
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately while I could get the KindlePDFViewer emulator to work it'd take a fair bit of effort, so I can't easily investigate. There's a reference to that mode here:

https://github.com/koreader/kindlepd...ua#L2804-L2813

It's not immediately obvious to me what it does on the backend, but it might be similar to KOReader's "zoom to column". That can be found in the document menu → switch zoom mode. You can access the top menu with the menu key.

Quote:
Other activities that I routinely do with KindlePDFViewer/Librerator is zoom in/out and highlighting.
There's a variety of zoom actions, see here for those that come with keyboard shortcuts. The zoom modes can also be changed through the document menu.

I believe highlighting is only possible through touch. I didn't know that had been implemented on keyboard-only, interesting! Keyboard controls are traditionally one of the areas where KOReader's weakest, but since v2018.04 it's been pretty decent.

For the dictionary, you can use the top menu search (magnifying glass).
Old 07-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #1132
DeKuns
Connoisseur

@Frenzie Thank you for both github.com links that you gave! I understand now how to do this zooming things on KOReader in Kindle Keyboard. Yes, I search the KOReader github for the highlight. You are right that currently, it is only possible to highlight with touch.

Once, I learn programming in 1990s but it is obvious that my programming skill is obsolete these days. Hmm, is it possible to add "highlight" from KindlePDFViewer to KOReader? If only there is annotation for .pdf, then KOReader would be my go to app.

Thank you also for the tips on dictionary.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:22 PM   #1133
Frenzie
Wizard

Someone with sufficient time and motivation could probably cobble something together relatively easily based on what we've already got, but it's possible that the KindlePDFViewer code could provide some helpful hints. Could you describe how it works? Then we can use that to open a FR on GitHub.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:22 PM   #1134
DeKuns
Connoisseur

Quote:
Someone with sufficient time and motivation could probably cobble something together relatively easily based on what we've already got, but it's possible that the KindlePDFViewer code could provide some helpful hints. Could you describe how it works? Then we can use that to open a FR on GitHub.
In "KindlePDFViewer/Librerator", I can enter highlighting mode by pressing "n". The cursor then will occur in front of the first letter. The cursor can be moved word-by-word to other position using the five-way-controller (joystick). Highlighting will start by pressing the middle button of the five-way-controller. It also end by another pressing of this middle button. To exit highlighting mode, I press "n" again. To show all highlights, I press "shift+n".
Old 07-22-2019, 01:33 AM   #1135
Frenzie
Wizard

Thanks! I copied that into https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5133 which is more likely to show up when someone's looking for keyboard/keypad interaction issues than some post somewhere on the forum.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:20 AM   #1136
thaiminhan
thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: oasis 9th vs kobo aura one
On Kobo's Koreader have "render mode" legacy flat book web. but on Kindle missing these option how can i get it?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	legacy.png
Views:	1337
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	172522  
thaiminhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #1137
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaiminhan View Post
On Kobo's Koreader have "render mode" legacy flat book web. but on Kindle missing these option how can i get it?
That can only mean you're using a recent nightly on Kobo and an older nightly or the current stable on Kindle.

So yeah, just upgrade to the latest nightly if you want that functionality.

[Insert the usual warning that untested nightlies may blow up, etc.]
Old 07-24-2019, 08:13 AM   #1138
thaiminhan
thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: oasis 9th vs kobo aura one
Quote:
That can only mean you're using a recent nightly on Kobo and an older nightly or the current stable on Kindle.

So yeah, just upgrade to the latest nightly if you want that functionality.

[Insert the usual warning that untested nightlies may blow up, etc.]
Yeah. Web and book settings can render epub's publisher display correctly.

I got nightly update and that settings showed up.

Thanks
thaiminhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #1139
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast
HoanPiTa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Hi all. App send2ebook cant use on android 9.0 . anyway to resolve it? Thanks

Gửi từ COL-L29 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
HoanPiTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:37 PM   #1140
Glukkkk
Enthusiast
Glukkkk began at the beginning.

Device: Forma _ KSM-9 _ vlasovsoft
Help is needed.
In which folder should I put pictures for screensaver?
Thanks.
Glukkkk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch