Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #691
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaktmgi View Post
I am getting the same error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by namele55_1 View Post
I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I got the following error:...Any ideas?
I will look into this problem after the weekend.

Edit: Amazon has released a new version of the Kindle Previewer, 3.35. That is not compatible with the plugin. Until the plugin can be updated you can work around the problem by installing an earlier Previewer version, such as 3.34, if you can find an installation file for it.

Last edited by jhowell; 11-09-2019 at 01:52 PM.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:48 AM   #692
simonpacis
simonpacis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I will look into this problem after the weekend.

Edit: Amazon has released a new version of the Kindle Previewer, 3.35. That is not compatible with the plugin. Until the plugin can be updated you can work around the problem by installing an earlier Previewer version, such as 3.34, if you can find an installation file for it.
Does anyone have Kindle Previewer 3.34 for Mac? Lost my installation, and can't find it anywhere.
simonpacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:14 PM   #693
VovoKrall
VovoKrall began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader (Moto G)
I had this error:

Python function terminated unexpectedly
{"level": "error", "det_msg": "", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert B\u00edblia Sagrada - Edi\u00e7\u00e3o Pastoral</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Kindle Previewer error: Error:E00202: Tables within one or more cells of another table (nested table) are not supported.", "title": "KFX conversion failed"} (Error Code: 1)

Any idea for what can be done?
I was able to convert this file to azw3.
VovoKrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:48 PM   #694
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VovoKrall View Post
Kindle Previewer error: Error:E00202: Tables within one or more cells of another table (nested table) are not supported.", "title": "KFX conversion failed"} (Error Code: 1)

Any idea for what can be done?
Nested tables (one table inside of another) are not allowed in KFX format.

There is no quick and easy fix. In order to convert that book to KFX you will have to edit the HTML content to no longer have nested tables. Doing that may take some effort depending on the size and complexity of the tables involved. One strategy would be to produce a single large table with rowspan/colspan to combine cells as needed. Another would be to replace the inner table with an image.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:49 PM   #695
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpacis View Post
Does anyone have Kindle Previewer 3.34 for Mac? Lost my installation, and can't find it anywhere.
I am testing a fix to the plugin and should have it ready within a day.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #696
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.34.0 - 12 Nov 2019

Detect Kindle Previewer versions up to 3.35 and remove support for Previewer versions older than 3.32. Version 3.35 supports the widows/orphans CSS properties and vertical Japanese text.

Support new local symbol format produced by Kindle Previewer version 3.35. (Fixes "KFX creation error: Invalid local symbol created: rsrc7...")

Fix detection of missing or incorrect Kindle Previewer installation. (This has been broken in the KFX Output plugin since version 1.31.)
Old 11-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #697
namele55_1
namele55_1 began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis3
Just tried the conversion with v. 1.34.0 and no errors! Thank you!

Note: I don't have my Kindle on hand to transfer and open it, but
i'm assuming that will work fine. If any issues, I'll post.

Thanks again.
namele55_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:50 AM   #698
salmanfaris
salmanfaris began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre conversion error pls help

calibre, version 4.3.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert World History - Sample</b><br><br>Exception(u'Unexpected style definition: outline-style: $330',)</p>
salmanfaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #699
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmanfaris View Post
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert World History - Sample</b><br><br>Exception(u'Unexpected style definition: outline-style: $330',)</p>
That error actually is coming from the KFX Input plugin. It will be fixed in the next plugin release.

(KFX Input version 1.24.0 fixes this problem.)

Last edited by jhowell; 11-16-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:24 AM   #700
VovoKrall
VovoKrall began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader (Moto G)
Quote:
Nested tables (one table inside of another) are not allowed in KFX format.

There is no quick and easy fix. In order to convert that book to KFX you will have to edit the HTML content to no longer have nested tables. Doing that may take some effort depending on the size and complexity of the tables involved. One strategy would be to produce a single large table with rowspan/colspan to combine cells as needed. Another would be to replace the inner table with an image.
Oh... it looks like a lot of work. Thanks for answering.

There are some books Calibre can't pinpoint the error. Even if I remove all CSS, Calibre can't convert to KFX. In these cases, I have no choice but convert to azw3 =/
VovoKrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:46 AM   #701
Scysta
Scysta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Hi, I'm actually converting a great part of my library to KFX, and it's going well so far, except for one little detail that I can't see to solve. The issue is with page lines: in my azw3 books every page has a constant number of lines, but that's not the case when I convert them to KFX. Is there any easy way to fix this?
Scysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:43 AM   #702
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scysta View Post
Hi, I'm actually converting a great part of my library to KFX, and it's going well so far, except for one little detail that I can't see to solve. The issue is with page lines: in my azw3 books every page has a constant number of lines, but that's not the case when I convert them to KFX. Is there any easy way to fix this?
I assume that your Kindle is running the latest firmware, 5.12.2. If so, that is a known problem and there is no fix at the moment.

You can read more about the issue at these links:
Old 11-17-2019, 02:02 PM   #703
Scysta
Scysta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
I assume that your Kindle is running the latest firmware, 5.12.2. If so, that is a known problem and there is no fix at the moment.

Oh, I see. I hope they can fix it soon. Thank you!
Scysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:18 PM   #704
HowlerX
Enthusiast
HowlerX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

Whew! I thought I was the only one. So even if I specifically put "widows:0" and "orphans:0" in the CSS it will be ignored?
HowlerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:50 AM   #705
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlerX View Post
Whew! I thought I was the only one. So even if I specifically put "widows:0" and "orphans:0" in the CSS it will be ignored?
0 is invalid
1 is valid (and does what you think 0 does)
2 up is valid
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine