Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
Crucis
Crucis began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Epic/Galaxy
Exclamation Connect Issue After Calibre 4.0.0 Update

I updated mu Calibre yesterday to 4.0.0. Last night I discovered a problem between it and my Calibre Companion on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A.

All was fine until I tried to see the book details and to get to the download button. Calibre Companion hung at that point. I had to kill the android app to get out of it.

I could connect and login to Caliber 4.0.0 from Companion. I could see the authors and book titles but that's all.

I use Calibre Companion a lot while I'm on the road. Has this issue been reported yet? Is there a workaround until it's fixed. I'm assuming the problem is with the Calibre content server since that was changed.

Calibre Companion version 5.4.3.3 (391).
Calibre 4.0.0
Crucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
works (all content server details show) on my Tab A
cc 5.4.4.1 (392)
calibre 4.0

(and I never had issues during the beta 3.99.x )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I can't connect wirelessly, I've tried downgrading to 3.48 but it still won't connect.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:23 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I can't connect wirelessly, I've tried downgrading to 3.48 but it still won't connect.
There is a FAQ on the CC help site dealing with Wireless issues.
It may be just coincidence 4.0 happened.

Check your Network setting in Windows. It needs to be PRIVATE
Windows sometime flips that during updates
Old 10-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #5
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I've looked through every setting I could find in win10 but still nothing. I got it to connect 2 but I have no idea how or why it won't connect again.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Are both ends wireless? One is in the 2.5G band, the other is in the 5G band?

Whenever possible: Use a CAT5 cable from the router/switch to Hosts, Printers (things that want speed and not changing networks between connections)
Old 10-09-2019, 11:33 AM   #7
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I have no idea, but I think I may have discovered the culprit. I use a JS+ function to hide some of the columns I don't need to edit in the metadata tabs. When I choose to show everything it looks to be working fine.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:28 PM   #8
Crucis
Crucis began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Epic/Galaxy
Update: Upgrading to Calibre 4.1.0 fixed my issue---whatever it was. There was nothing mentioned in the bux fixes for 4.1.0, though.

BTW, my O/S is Win7Pro and is fully up-to-date.

Crucis
Crucis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c c 5.4.3.3, calibre 4.0.0