Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2021, 03:33 PM   #91
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
What's the best tool for removing egg from one's face?
To be the first who will find and post a real hands-on video of the Sage? All will be forgiven then.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:47 PM   #92
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Still wish we had more hands on with even just the Libra, specifically in English. Bit surprised Kobos not sent out a Sage to anyone yet.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2021, 03:53 PM   #93
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Still wish we had more hands on with even just the Libra, specifically in English. Bit surprised Kobos not sent out a Sage to anyone yet.
This! I've been searching Youtube for "Kobo Sage" thinking that with just a week to go SOMEONE would have received and reviewed one. It seems ike a missed opportunity because the PW Signature edition doesn't go on sale here until a month after the Sage, getting PR out asap would have been a good ploy, I'd have thought
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #94
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
It's possible that the reveal of the new Paperwhite rushed Kobo's plan to release both the Sage and Libra 2.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:37 PM   #95
mezzanine
Groupie
mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Clara, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Honestly I’ll never consider a Kindle until/unless I can tweak it as much as the patches and nickelmenu let me modify my Kobo. Getting thinner margins, smaller line spacing, making fonts bolder or lighter, and all the niceties of NM. Compared to the locked down state of Kindle? Sorry easy choice, I ditched Barnes and Nobles Nook when they removed my ability to download ebooks, and I’ve loved the openness of Kobo ever since.
I wouldnt think twice about getting the new Paperwhite instead of a Kobo if it wasnt for the differences you mentioned. I wish I could easily get my hands on the device at a retailer here in Canada to see if the reality of the differences are as significant as Im making them out to be in my imagination.

It isnt the line spacing or fonts that have me nervous, but all the empty space in the margins top and bottom. Im unsure whether its possible to automate the margin adjustment in Calibre so that it can be applied to every book or if Id have to do it each time individually, which would become an irritant. Still unsure whether the header and footer can be dealt with that way, too.

I guess this is why people stay with the ecosystem theyre familiar with. WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME, KOBO! Theyve always offered meaningful upgrades for new models in the past....
mezzanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2021, 08:19 PM   #96
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Watching a French review of the Sage

He doesn’t even have a Kobo Sage, how can he seriously talk about it?

EDIT: I didn’t read the comments bellow. Sorry. ☺️

Last edited by deleted2; 10-12-2021 at 08:22 PM.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 01:14 AM   #97
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
I wouldnt think twice about getting the new Paperwhite instead of a Kobo if it wasnt for the differences you mentioned. I wish I could easily get my hands on the device at a retailer here in Canada to see if the reality of the differences are as significant as Im making them out to be in my imagination.

It isnt the line spacing or fonts that have me nervous, but all the empty space in the margins top and bottom. Im unsure whether its possible to automate the margin adjustment in Calibre so that it can be applied to every book or if Id have to do it each time individually, which would become an irritant. Still unsure whether the header and footer can be dealt with that way, too.

I guess this is why people stay with the ecosystem theyre familiar with. WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME, KOBO! Theyve always offered meaningful upgrades for new models in the past....

That is also what i want to do. I hope to add another line of text in the bottom but without removing the footer and progress bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1634099270326.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	635.8 KB
ID:	189601  
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 01:48 AM   #98
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
That is also what i want to do. I hope to add another line of text in the bottom but without removing the footer and progress bar.
Use the Reduce new header/footer height patch.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 01:55 AM   #99
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Use the Reduce new header/footer height patch.
EDIT: Thanks. I found it.

What i don't understand with the patch is how to customize the font size that goes along with the reduction of the footer height.

Can you help me on this?

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 10-13-2021 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:15 AM   #100
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Deobulakenyo

Custom header/footer captions
Spoiler:
Code:
# 2a. Change font-size for models other than Touch/Mini (header & footer simultaneously)
        # #caption[newHeader=true] & #caption[newFooter=true]
          # Glo/Aura/Aura2E/Nia
        - Find:    "[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 17px;\n}"
          Replace: "[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 17px;\n}"
          # AuraHD/H2O/GloHD/ClaraHD
        - Find:    "[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 25px;\n}"
          Replace: "[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 25px;\n}"
          # LibraH2O
        - Find:    "[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}"
          Replace: "[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}"
          # AuraOne/Forma
        - Find:    "[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}"
          Replace: "[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}"
Change number highlighted in red.

You have chosen the wrong topic for such questions...
Old 10-13-2021, 02:26 AM   #101
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
@Deobulakenyo

Custom header/footer captions
Spoiler:
Code:
# 2a. Change font-size for models other than Touch/Mini (header & footer simultaneously)
        # #caption[newHeader=true] & #caption[newFooter=true]
          # Glo/Aura/Aura2E/Nia
        - Find:    "[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 17px;\n}"
          Replace: "[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 17px;\n}"
          # AuraHD/H2O/GloHD/ClaraHD
        - Find:    "[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 25px;\n}"
          Replace: "[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 25px;\n}"
          # LibraH2O
        - Find:    "[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}"
          Replace: "[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}"
          # AuraOne/Forma
        - Find:    "[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}"
          Replace: "[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}"
Change number highlighted in red.

You have chosen the wrong topic for such questions...

Thank you. sorry. I was posting in the kobo patch for sometime now but no one replies there anymore. I will post there my next question.

I apologize to the forum members.

Let us get back on track here.

Some non-English reviewers at YT got a hold of the Librar already. Hoping the Sage gets sent to yt reviewers as well asap.
Old 10-14-2021, 03:53 AM   #102
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I posted in the other thread that the Sage seems a bit heavy for me, and I'm more inclined to get the libra 2. A bit more portable, but has the advantages of more storage and usb c.

I've just noticed that there is an official basic sleep cover for the libra 2:
https://uk.kobobooks.com/collections...sic-sleepcover

I'd prefer something with more colour, but no folds again makes me more inclined to buy.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 04:38 AM   #103
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
and usb c
I would stop considering having USB-C as an advantage. ALL e-readers released after September-October 2021 will have USB-C.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:04 AM   #104
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Quote:
I would stop considering having USB-C as an advantage. ALL e-readers released after September-October 2021 will have USB-C.
It's an advantage for me over my current Forma though.
I am just back from a holiday in Portugal. We had to pack an old style usb lead in addition to the usbc to charge our phones and battery packs, just so I could charge my Forma.

Obviously buying a new ereader rather than a lead with an adapter is more expensive, but it's one less thing to remember.

Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:08 AM   #105
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
It's an advantage for me over my current Forma though.
I am just back from a holiday in Portugal. We had to pack an old style usb lead in addition to the usbc to charge our phones and battery packs, just so I could charge my Forma.

Obviously buying a new ereader rather than a lead with an adapter is more expensive, but it's one less thing to remember.

You can get something like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56c552a5c969297a0775755b60d9ca25.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	189609