Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Protective Sleeve

I've been enjoying my 900 for about a month now. I've had to change the purse I carry to to one that will hold the 900. I've been looking for a sleeve to slip it into for extra protection. So far I've not found anything that will fit close enough to allow it to still fit into the purse. Right now I'm using a Crown Royal bag which is the right size but doesn't provide the padding I'm looking for. I'm looking for suggestions or ideas that will be cheaper than a new purse. Wouldn't it be nice if CR would start making padded bags?
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Look at some of the Acer Reversible Sleeves for one that is the size you want.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
I just use a cheap padded envelope. Got one at walmart for a dollar.. works great!
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I have a neoprene sleeve sold for an HP netbook (10", IIRC) and the fit is decent. The extra inch or so of width to the zipper folds easily for storage.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been doing some reading and I'm wondering if a sleeve made for the Nook might work.

Of course the $1 envelope at Walmart sounds like a good choice but when choosing something like this I tend to go for the Breast Cancer Awareness pink if I can find it.
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
Debi
Connoisseur

Just a quick update....I got to visit a Best Buy today. They had the M-Edge Touring sleeve that is made for the Nook Sony Touch and Daily Edition. It appeared to be exactly what I was looking for. My color choices were blue or blue - so I got the blue one. Got it home and it fits perfectly and slips into my purse without taking up too much room. Problem solved!!!

I got to play with a 300 too. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use one. As I suspected the large font is too small for me.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #7
retnepracvt
retnepracvt began at the beginning.

Device: had a 600 - returned it for a 900
There's a sleeve that comes with the 900 - but I don't think it'll last long - it's very tight. I've been using gallon size zip lock bags. They're cheap, easily replaceable, humidity proof, and water tight. No protection if dropped though.
I love my 900!
cliff
retnepracvt is offline   Reply With Quote