Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #256
Kukis
Kukis began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Pocketbook IQ 701 problem

Hi everyone;
I bought Pocketbook IQ 701 and it can not read any e-book files (.PDF, EPUB...)... it can only read .TXT files, and it looks like it has bad coding (I am form Czech rep., so I would like ro read in my language). Has anyone any idea how to solve this? I am getting quite desperate about this...
Kukis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #257
alcuin
alcuin began at the beginning.

Device: PB360+
Bug in NetConnect() on the PB360+

This is to report a bug in the execution environment for custom applications on my PB360+, firmware version 15.4. The net result is that NetConnect() and related library functions do not work. A detailed description is in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173462.

A.
alcuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #258
Nuance
Nuance began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iQ701
Can't install Amazon App Store app

It used to work but after the latest firmware upgrade (coincidence or not?) I can no longer access the Amazon App Store or install the App Store app. I get the message "not installed" with no further explanation.
Nuance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #259
pocketreader9
pocketreader9 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
Pdf bugs

I am a user of 912, firmware 2.1.3.

pdfviewer has problem in zoom => Reflow mode.

pdfviewer show me only some part of sentences.

adoveviewer has also problem in zoom => Relow mode.
It show me too small size of font. And it is frozen.

Viewing pdf files is very difficult.

I attached screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0001.bmp (487.6 KB, 396 views)
File Type: bmp scr0002.bmp (487.6 KB, 391 views)

Last edited by pocketreader9; 04-18-2012 at 11:26 AM.
pocketreader9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #260
jino
jino began at the beginning.

Device: none
PB903 - bug in wifi (2.1.3)

PB903. After upgrade to 2.1.3 lost the ability to connect to hidden wifi network. Total device reset and recreation of the profile did not solved the issue. Worked before (I am sure that in all 2.0.x versions) without problem.
jino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #261
mz-pdm
mz-pdm began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903
I've got the same WiFi problem as jino with 2.1.3. It worked fine with 2.1.2 fast driver; with 2.1.3 WiFi works only with public (not hidden) SSID.
mz-pdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #262
softinn
softinn began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 612
Hello,
just wanted to report that the new 2.1.3 firmware fixed the swapped memory devices issue.

Thanks,
Paolo
softinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #263
Hr.stein
Hr.stein began at the beginning.

Device: PB 611
Keyboard cannot find the symbol of "|" at PB611 etc.
Hr.stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #264
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hr.stein View Post
Keyboard cannot find the symbol of "|" at PB611 etc.
If you search this forum, you should find a thread about adding your own software keyboard layout. I created a Unix shell-friendly keyboard for myself that had everything except a Linefeed key, so I know it's possible to add the "|" character to it.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #265
Hr.stein
Hr.stein began at the beginning.

Device: PB 611
Thanks rkomar!

Yes, I found the thread to add a revised EN-keybaord:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=27

I notice the EN.kbd has 2 times of ', but no | in big/small letter layout.
It is a PB bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
If you search this forum, you should find a thread about adding your own software keyboard layout. I created a Unix shell-friendly keyboard for myself that had everything except a Linefeed key, so I know it's possible to add the "|" character to it.
Hr.stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #266
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hr.stein View Post
Thanks rkomar!

Yes, I found the thread to add a revised EN-keybaord:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=27

I notice the EN.kbd has 2 times of ', but no | in big/small letter layout.
It is a PB bug.
It's also missing "\", "<" and ">". I think it is more of a decision on PB's part to exclude those little-used characters rather than a bug, per se. Anyway, you can add them by hand to the .kbd file (it's just a simple text file). I even added the Esc character in my version (I was thinking of writing a vi-clone). The only character I couldn't add was LineFeed, because it has a special meaning within the kbd file itself.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #267
Kolorciuk
Kolorciuk began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook pro 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Eriksson View Post
I suggest that we use continuous numbering of the confirmed bugs, so it is easier to track and discuss later.
Good soggestion, ill stick to that and append a letter 'K' + a number to my bugs.

I was(!) a happy user with my PocketBook pro 912 with an old firmware(sadly i dont remember what version it was). I upgraded to 2.1.3 today. This is what i've founded:
K1: That's weird. With every refresh of the screen it becomes lighter and lighter. Before the update the text was black, now it's grey. This makes it hard to read and to work with it. After returning to home screen or after powering off and on, the color returns to normal.
K2: Och, Gods! give us continous zoom!
K3: After clicking Preferences->Registration i got "pointer calibration utility" and i needed to click on the crosses( why do i needed to calibrate pointer to register the device ?? ). And then i could choose whether i want to register my device or not. I choosed the option not to register. Now, after this, the option Preferences->Registration disappeared! (although i haven't registered it yet).
K4 och, it's not a bug really, but i liked the library menu (there where you can choose which book to read) from the old firmware much more. I had two columns. I could see directories listed in the left column and files in the right column. That would be cool if I still would be able to choose that view.
K5: It's hard to type a long internet address in the web browser without the '/' slash.

and to GeoffC - i can guess im welcomed here.
Sry for my bad English. Kolorciuk

Last edited by Kolorciuk; 05-06-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Kolorciuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #268
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
welcome
if you want to try and flash older firmware versions, hopefully the links in this message still work.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #269
alebra
alebra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Same error with hidden wifi and other problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jino View Post
PB903. After upgrade to 2.1.3 lost the ability to connect to hidden wifi network. Total device reset and recreation of the profile did not solved the issue. Worked before (I am sure that in all 2.0.x versions) without problem.
Dear all,
I have a PB902 and I am reporting these errors:
1)-I use macbook pro to write on the internal memory of the PB902. I have noted that I if I cancel a file using macbook via usb, it is cancelled from the list but the space of the deleted file is not recovered so in the long run the internal memory saturate and I have to format the internal memory to fully recover the usage of the full memory. Is this normal? I think that is really an incredible bug. Could you address this issue? Any reason for that?

2)-I have also the same problem with hidden network as reported before with upgrade 2.1.3 on the PB902. Could you address this issue?

best regards,
alex
alebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #270
alebra
alebra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebra View Post
Dear all,
I have a PB902 and I am reporting these errors:
best regards,
alex
Ah, I forgot to mention that before when I turn the PB902 the os automatically noted the change of position and the page is turned to be readable in landscape mode instead portrait mode. This was particularly useful for a4 papersize (such as scientific journals). Now this VERY USEFUL funtionality seem completely disappeared. It is my fault in configuration or it is known issue?
Any clue?

with best regards,
alex
alebra is offline   Reply With Quote