Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-15-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
rubikscube99
Enthusiast
rubikscube99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Ordering a Kindle

can i order a kindle with a gift card (no credit cards?)
rubikscube99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubikscube99 View Post
can i order a kindle with a gift card (no credit cards?)
Yes, but it must be delivered to a US address, so this isn't a way to get around the US purchase provisions if that was your real question.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
dschill
Connoisseur
dschill began at the beginning.

Device: none
yeah that's how i got mine!
dschill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
It can, yes.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Hantra
Enthusiast
Hantra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yep. I got mine that way.

Last edited by Hantra; 03-20-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Misleading and weak attempt at humor.
Hantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantra View Post
You can, but you need to order it using the link below:

Kindle Link for Gift Cards

Hantra, you link takes me to Amazons main Kindle page.......is that what you intended?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hantra, you link takes me to Amazons main Kindle page.......is that what you intended?
Looks like an affiliate referral link so they get credit for the sale.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:26 AM   #8
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

Device: kindle
yes, someones a badboy.

@rubik, yes giftcards are fine
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:27 AM   #9
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
That is known as spam and should be banned.
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #10
rubikscube99
Enthusiast

i am sorry if my post seems like spam to you, i wont let it happen again :'(
but i am trying to order it, i am sending gift cards from my Country's account to my US account (so it can ship to my friends house), and i tried transferring about 400 USD, but it did not transfer immediately! and after consulting amazon, they told me that it was too much money, and they would clarify with my bank. Then i emailed them again asking for a time estimate, and they cancelled the order: saying it was a problem order. They told me to try again. WAS I CHARGED???
also, how should i do this? should i transfer small amounts of money in bursts or one lump sum?
but question one: was i charged?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i am sorry if my post seems like spam to you, i wont let it happen again :'(
They were referring to Hantra's post, not yours.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #12
Hantra
Enthusiast
Hantra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Oops. I thought everyone would get the joke. Edited.
Hantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
rubikscube99
Enthusiast

ok my friend ordered my kindle, (the whole gift card thing did NOT work, i could not be charged or something more than some amount of dollars for freaking online purchases). My friend ordered my kindle as a gift, but it wont be preregistered (which sucks), how will i set the device info (personal info, email, name) without whispernet. Also, what other features are not available to us non whispernet people?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Also, what other features are not available to us non whispernet people?
Sample chapters can't be downloaded without Whispernet. Note: you can get samples of lots of books at Mobipocket.com or the publisher's or authors website it's just not as convenient.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #15
rubikscube99
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Sample chapters can't be downloaded without Whispernet. Note: you can get samples of lots of books at Mobipocket.com or the publisher's or authors website it's just not as convenient.
actually thats not a problem for me. I have an iphone so i plan to sample books on that , then buy them on my kindle. But what other features am i missing? not content related, but actual features that are built into the device, but i cannot use because i do not live in the states.