Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 08:24 AM   #1
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Aura One touch sensitivity

Hello. Few months ago I bought an Aura One. I'm going well with it except for the touch sensitivity. Often the touch zone isn't the same showed on the screen. Is there a way to fix it?
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Why don't you experiment and change the touch zone to see what happens.

Please report back on your results.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved out of the Developer's Corner and into the regular Kobo Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:39 PM   #4
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Noted much the same thing when trying to use the Kobo keyboard on the Aura One. Also in a dry climate with dry skin on the fingers the capacitive screen response is lacking sensitivity. Personally I prefer the old infrared touch screens.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I only have old Kobo readers with reliable IR touch screens. My dry fingers also have capacitive touch screen response problems with my cell phone and Android tablets. My solution is a capacitive touch stylus $1.00 at Dollar Tree that includes ballpoint pen. All Stores selling cell phones/tablets also have stylus for a few dollars more. Keeping fingers off touch screen reduces need for screen cleaning.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 05:44 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Hello. Few months ago I bought an Aura One. I'm going well with it except for the touch sensitivity. Often the touch zone isn't the same showed on the screen. Is there a way to fix it?
Do you mean the touch calibration rather than sensitivity? You seem to be saying that the spot you touch isn't the spot that reacts. On my Aura ONE, the calibration is off a bit. It has been most noticeable in the bottom menu bar that I need to tap to the left side of the buttons to activate them. Selecting a word when reading isn't that accurate either, especially for small words.

If this is what you mean, there isn't a way to calibrate the touch.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #7
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do you mean the touch calibration rather than sensitivity? You seem to be saying that the spot you touch isn't the spot that reacts. On my Aura ONE, the calibration is off a bit. It has been most noticeable in the bottom menu bar that I need to tap to the left side of the buttons to activate them. Selecting a word when reading isn't that accurate either, especially for small words.

Excellent description of the problem I have experienced. Trying to enter a wi-fi password can be a real PITA!
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
Excellent description of the problem I have experienced. Trying to enter a wi-fi password can be a real PITA!
My problem now is that I have learnt to use the Aura ONE and compensate for the bad calibration and automatically do the same when using my other Kobo devices
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #9
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

Yes, exactly, the worse thing is the text selection. And seldom I touch a point of the screen and the reaction is in another point distant from it!
I hoped there was some particular patch that could solve the problem... but it seems no
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:54 AM   #10
bookwormteacher
bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.

Device: Sony prs-t3, voyage, oasis 1 and 2, Kobo h2O, Tolino Epos
Interesting. I thought about sending back the new Tolino Epos. I‘ve exactly the same problem. It‘s driving me crazy.
bookwormteacher is offline   Reply With Quote