Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 02:28 AM   #1
tetrault
Enthusiast
tetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3
Page Up and Page Down fail in Book View

I'm using Sigil 0.9.8 on OS X 10.11.6. When I'm in Code View, the Page Up and Page Down keys work perfectly. Not so in Book View. Page Up jumps to the top of the page, just like pressing Home. Page Down also jumps to the top of the page.

Here's the weirder part. I created mouse click macros using QuicKeys 4. The macros click the top or bottom of the scroll bar and are triggered by pressing Page Up and Page Down. These macro mouse clicks exactly emulate how Page Up and Page Down should work. Weirder still, I created identical macros in Keyboard Maestro, and they didn't work.

Is my problem unique, or do others have problems with Page Up an Down?
tetrault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
For me it works as expected in both CV and BV but I'm on windows-10 64.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I use Book View so seldom (mostly just to check that the TOC works as it should) that I had to open it up to find the answer. Which is: yes, it works for me.

You do have to CLICK onto the Book View window, of course. If you're in another window (view) you'll only be moving up and down in that one.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:08 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Probably a key assignment conflict issue. Please note, Sigil has its own mechanisms to assign key combinations to functions. On a Mac, the OS overrides many of these preventing the assigned keys from working (this is especially true for Function keys). Adding Quickkeys on top of this just makes things worse. So check your OS level keyboard assignments, your quickkeys assignments and then check and re-assign the Sigil keyboard assignments via Sigil Preferences and you should be able to get things to work.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote