Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-16-2007, 02:47 AM   #31
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I can live with software problems as long as they can be resolved with an upgrade. As long as I can read prc/doc/html it's ok. My problem is that I need it fast because I'm going on a very long trip. And I don't want to carry 15 paper books in my backpack.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:05 AM   #32
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I expect the reader to be released end of this month.

I have seen it on the book fair in frankfurt with software 0.91 and it looked really good. Will be good competition for the sony and probably no match for all the others out there.

I will definately get one and if bookeen agrees, i will also sell them to all of germany

Cant wait to get one for myself. It will then probably be used for casual reading, while the iLiad will be my professional reading device.

And as far as i heard, PDf will be working with the shipped firmware.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #33
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I expect the reader to be released end of this month.

I will definately get one and if bookeen agrees, i will also sell them to all of germany
I'll be in Germany next weekend. Were can I pick it up?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:37 AM   #34
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
@tribble
I have exactly the same intentions tribble.
After what happened with the kindle and what happened with my iLiad, I'd be nice if at least someone could stick to a schedule.

As a side note: I had my new iLiad die on me after only 30 min of use. It's been 2 weeks since iRex received for repairs.
Don't you think that a little unusual? What could I do?
In my book (and also under EU law) if an electronic device fails before 1 week (and I had a DOA) the seller could be compelled to an immediate exchange. Not to mention I had the right to break the contract and return my iLiad.
I'm starting to feel quite sick . . .

what do you think?
- - - -
So anyway, back to topic I'll place an order for the Cybook (after I read some reports about battery life). So I wish Booken the best of luck.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:50 AM   #35
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Unfortunately, you do not have a right to an exchange. The manufacturer has the right to try to repair it 3 times in germany.

I personally do not like that, especially if you have a new toy, you just dont want to wait. So we try to simply exchange the device, if it is quite obvious, that the error is not related to a mishandled device.

Other than that, you can return your online ordered device within a period of 14 days (in germany at least).

@Ortep: Well, i will definately not have the devies by next week I wish though.
Advert
Old 10-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #36
Ortep
Fanatic

Quote:
@Ortep: Well, i will definately not have the devies by next week I wish though.
Too bad. But it is only a 3 hours drive to Bonn. So I can come the week after that
Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #37
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
So we try to simply exchange the device, if it is quite obvious, that the error is not related to a mishandled device.

Other than that, you can return your online ordered device within a period of 14 days (in germany at least).
You are totally right about repair and buyer's remorse period, since it comes straight from a directive that applies not only to Germany but to all countries in the EU.

Let me try to rephrse what I was trying to say: Many manufacturesers simply exchange a DOA unit because they know the consummer could just as easily rescind the contract. Plus it helps their customer service's reputation, and in the long term helps with sales. Unfortunately iRex doesn't seem to be interested in any of that.

I could have done the same and just buy a new unit 2 minutes later. But now iRex has effectively deprived me of that two weeks evaluation period, and I will get a repaired/ or even refurbished unit for something that wasn't my fault at all.

- - - - -
Update: I just got an email from iRex, apparently they claim they don't have spare parts for the iLiad v2. Which of course it's quite a moronic excuse since we all know there is nothing different (appart from plastic covers and battery) between the two models. And even if it were true, that does't speak very well about iRex's inventory control.

If you don't have spare parts available all the more reason to send a new unit. Simply amazing.

- -

So did you actually reach an (pre)agreement with bokeen to distribute the cybook? great news!!! congrats
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If I go to say the Sony Style store to purchase a 505 and I get it home and it's not working as it should, I can go back and exchange it for another as long as they have it in stock. If I bought a silver unit and all that have left is blue, I can either take the blue or wait for them to get the silver in or just return it since it is defective and go buy one from someplace else. But I do have I think at least 14 days to deal with it from once I get it. After that I think it's the shop's discretion as to what they'll do. Some shops will take the unit from you and send it in for repair. Some might exchange it for you if it's not long past 14 days. Some will tell you to send it in and some have been know to exchange for a new unit up to 30 days. This is in the USA.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Ortep, the Cybook Gen3 is not yet available for purchase. I'm guessing sometime in November given the date it is now and the bugs in the firmware. I say that because they have to fix the bugs, then manufacture the units with the fixed firmware and get them out to the distributors and from there to the shops. And this all takes time. More time then I think they have left in October. Plus given what Derek said about his latest firmware, I'd have to say waiting is better then getting it now.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #40
Ortep
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Ortep, the Cybook Gen3 is not yet available for purchase.
I'd have to say waiting is better then getting it now.
I know it is not available now. I was only joking.

But if it comes to late, I will not buy it at all the coming months. I simply won't be in Europe for a while. I realize that Bookeen as a company is better of by finishing the product. But as a person I say: Software glitches I can live with. I'll update it when I'm back

Last edited by Ortep; 10-16-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:28 AM   #41
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I know it is not available now. I was only joking.
I wasnt
Old 10-26-2007, 04:44 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
So I'll be writing that review I was mentioning now.

Derek
What progress on the review, Derek?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote