Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Starharp
Starharp began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Newbie to Rooted Nook Color

Hi all! I've been combing these forums for the last few months for advice on rooting my NC (which I've finally done!) and now I'm looking for some advice to answer lingering questions. I'm sorry if they are repeat questions, and I hope that everyone will be patient with me. I have searched for answers and found some (Thanks for those!), but looking through the wealth of info can be overwhelming.

Anyway...I'm wondering about ADB. What is that? Why would I need it? (I did find the way to install it on the NC, just not sure WHY I would need to.)

Also, how do I get my Kindle books to refresh to the NC? I know how to refresh and it works on my Android phone, but not the NC.

How do I get apps to my home screen? The pressing and holding like on my phone doesn't seem to work.

Thanks so much to all!
Starharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Read:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/guide...oid-tablet.ars
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
gintzj
Connoisseur
gintzj began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi model
kindle books do work on the Nook
gintzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Starharp
Starharp began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Ken Stuart - Thanks for reposting the same article from the other post I had up. It's a good article, but it doesn't answer the questions I have/had. I already rooted the Nook and had other issues.

I did finally discover that I needed to go to "Manage Your Kindle" and send my books to the new device (NC). All is good there!

I have received some good advice about ADB. Thanks.
Starharp is offline   Reply With Quote