Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #46
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Waiting for Amazon Smart Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Yeah, I think so too. It's the reason why I had to ditch Android. The last Google Play update made my phone completely unusable, you couldn't even make a phone call anymore.

And I don't like any of the high end devices, I broke the camera on my S2 Skyrocket, and so it left me a bad taste about Samsung's quality. And the HTC current gen handsets just don't appeal to me, neither did the Nexus 4.

So now I have a Nokia Lumia 520, great phone. Pleasant selection of apps, great camera, and lots of fun for only $99 off-contract.

Amazon's App Store is getting better. And I really think developers should take advantage of it. There's no piracy issues. and you get this nice excellent page where people can leave reviews that are actually read and rated.
I use an ATT Samsung dumb phone and am patiently waiting to buy an Amazon smart phone whenever they produce one. I can wait for years if necessary. I only use my phone mostly to play music when I am in the supermarket and for emergency phone calls. Usually, I am at home and use my PC and Kindle eReaders.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I use an ATT Samsung dumb phone...
I use a Verizon Samsung dumb phone
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #48
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I never used my dumb phone when I had one, left it at home most of the time, hence I have a smartphone.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:42 AM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I never used my dumb phone when I had one, left it at home most of the time, hence I have a smartphone.
I've never own a dumb phone. I love Android though. There is an app for everything. I love my little LG Vortex but it's old now and can't keep up with all the new stuff. Android 2.2 Froyo is pretty much obsolete.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #50
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Kindle Fire HDX 7 32 2013 just showed up in my Manage Your Kindle Page. It exactly 2 weeks to the projected delivery date of Oct 18. My Paperwhite 2013 showed up one day earlier than the projected delivery date of Oct 2.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #51
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Does it have a serial number?

My PW2 showed up under manage my kindle immediately after i placed the order but it was just a place holder with no serial number and no email address.

The serial number appeared the day it shipped.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My Kindle Fire HDX 7 32 2013 just showed up in my Manage Your Kindle Page. It exactly 2 weeks to the projected delivery date of Oct 18. My Paperwhite 2013 showed up one day earlier than the projected delivery date of Oct 2.
Mine showed up the day I pre ordered it. I buy alot of books and I saw it on the top of the send to list on the book's detail page. No Serial number yet but
I still need to rename it.

I just cashed in enough points to get a Amazon gift card for the case I am going to get. It looks like the Belkin case I am going with as soon as I get the gift card I will pre-order it.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-04-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #53
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
The origami case is overpriced but that Belkin does look nice.
Some of the reviews said the buttons on the back were sometimes hard to find by touch but the case would take care of that too with the cutouts. Hmm, I was going to go naked with the HDX but maybe there is a Belkin in my future too.

I am going naked with my PW2...the cases just add to much bulk and my PW doesn't go in nearly the same environments (gym and my kids!) the Fire does.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #54
sirmaru
Wizard

No serial # yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Does it have a serial number?

My PW2 showed up under manage my kindle immediately after i placed the order but it was just a place holder with no serial number and no email address.

The serial number appeared the day it shipped.
Not yet.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
The origami case is overpriced but that Belkin does look nice.
Some of the reviews said the buttons on the back were sometimes hard to find by touch but the case would take care of that too with the cutouts. Hmm, I was going to go naked with the HDX but maybe there is a Belkin in my future too.

I am going naked with my PW2...the cases just add to much bulk and my PW doesn't go in nearly the same environments (gym and my kids!) the Fire does.
My only complain on the Belkin case is the exterior is chambray. I would prefer something more like their Verve case I own. I can only imagine how dirty the new case is going to get.

I love the PW case! I wouldn't read without. It doesn't add much bulk at all. It's lightweight and feels like holding a book.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #56
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I love the PW case! I wouldn't read without. It doesn't add much bulk at all. It's lightweight and feels like holding a book.
I love the PW case too. I tried some imitations, but the real thing is much better. And they make an identical case for the 2012 HD Fires, I absolutely love it. Too bad they didn't make that style for the HDX!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I love the PW case too. I tried some imitations, but the real thing is much better. And they make an identical case for the 2012 HD Fires, I absolutely love it. Too bad they didn't make that style for the HDX!
The HDX case is horrible. One review said it broke within 3 days. Another said it lost it's magnetism within 3 days.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #58
sirmaru
Wizard

Ordered HDX case ?!?

Quote:
The HDX case is horrible. One review said it broke within 3 days. Another said it lost it's magnetism within 3 days.
I ordered the Amazon HDX case. I hope I don't have to return it..........
Old 10-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #59
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
I ordered the Amazon HDX case. I hope I don't have to return it..........
You can still cancel it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #60
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
I wonder if those are just isolated incidents. I bought the Amazon case for the KFHD and although it bordered on being obscenely expensive I found it to be the best case/cover that I've had for ANY tablet ereader.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote