Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
Hughdal
Connoisseur
Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Ex Sony-Ex Nook-New PW User
Buggy Page Turn on Glow Light

You probably clicked on this post thinking it was a technical issue. Truth is I was sitting outside my accomodation in Malabo Equitorial Guiena reading my latest thriller on the Nook Glow light when one of the nations bugs landed on the screen. As it made his/her way across the screen to the right hand side pages started turning. This was some speed reading bug. I tried to coax him over to the left side to page back but no such luck. In the end, bug finished reading and flew away. Does make me yearn for a swipe page turn instead of a tap, especially in the jungle.

Hughdal
Hughdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
That's pretty amusing! This seems like an unexpected downside to the glow light. I can see how it might attract flying insects. Who knew!?! Back to the drawing board!

What they need is a special screen protector that is thick enough that insect footfalls don't cause page turns. Gee, why didn't they think of this during the design phase??
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
eskimo49
Addict
eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Obviously a very cute bug, and it must be educated as well, to know when to turn the page. Catch it and you could make a fortune.
eskimo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Post A matter of software

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
What they need is a special screen protector that is thick enough that insect footfalls don't cause page turns. Gee, why didn't they think of this during the design phase??
It's not about adding an extra layer, it's about intelligent software. The first firmware of Kindle Touch was like this, but with 5.1 the flies do not interrupt anymore.

One fly landed exactly in a word and I was anxious about the dictionary coming up, but nothing, and then it walked, and nothing again.

It's a very good thing to develop the software so unvoluntary (or wild life) touches do not interfere with reading, but most of the time I have problems of the Kindle not recognizing my voluntary touches. (Personally, I prefer the all-sensitive software design.)
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
>>The first firmware of Kindle Touch was like this, but with 5.1 the flies do not interrupt anymore.<<

Makes you wonder if they had engineers in a room full of flies for testing!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Infrared needs to be fine tuned. Reminds me of my alarm triggered by my 70 pound dog back in the old days... Don´t fear, shake the reader and the bug will fly off. Here we have some very large flies called tabanos. Big enough to trigger the infrared receiver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse-fly
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote