Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #61
ravynsong
ravynsong began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks so much for this forum!! I am looking for an e-reader. I had a Dell Axim x51 for a few years but it started to die, so I went to a Nokia E62. It was hard to read, but I could read via Mobi books. It was good for awhile too, but I needed a better phone. So I got a new phone and a Zune HD thinking they'd have an e-book reading app of some type, but only had audio books. Not good for me as I love reading. So I just sold my Zune and am looking for the "best" e-reader. How confusing!!! I'd like email capability, but I like listening to music as well, so I was thinking Nook, but all the stuff I've read recently makes me wonder if it's the "best" or not? Kindle was my other "want" list item, but I was under the impression you "have" to buy books on Amazon. Is this true? Anyway, I'm muddling along, looking, reading and trying to figure this all out. Thanks again!!
ravynsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #62
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Thanks! I'm still torn on which reader to buy. If Kindle had memopry expansion, and/or were compatable with audio & ebooks from Library to Go I'd buy it today. But other ereaders have features I like, too.
I used to read a lot of ebooks on my Palm Pilot, but it suffered one drop too many a few years ago. Now, I'm looking for the perfect reader that will play audio books from Audible, Library2Go, and LibriVox, as well as allowing me to read as I'm being read to, (by a "human voice," thank you)
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:12 AM   #63
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You are welcome.

I know this is really old new to lots of us, but we forget how confusing it can be when you first start.
Boy, you can say THAT again! You said it 2 yrs ago and I'm STILL confused. I'm a brand-newbie, though, and hope to knock off the 'brand' really quickly!

Thanks for your help!

~Donna~
DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #64
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Sometimes i get confused when I am trying to figure out what they are talking about
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #65
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Squirrels and pandas = bad
Donuts = good
Flying llamas are crucial to the MobileRead (MR) defenses, as are also trebuchets.

The Zany Carter Deluxe (ZCD) is the official drink of MR. Side effects include euphoria AND depression, also a high risk of coming unstuck from you present spot in the space-time continuum. Montsmags (Marc) and his invisible and inadvertently violent gibbon, Adrian run an offshore zombie corporation that exploits ... I meant EXPORTS ZCDs.

Everything else we are making it up as we go along. It's up to you all to jump into the deep end of the Llounge and start paddling. Anice place to start are the many 2 or 3 word stories threads.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:27 PM   #66
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
"Inkmesh aggregates both non-copyrighted free-ebooks available at Gutenberg, ManyBooks etc. and also aggregates in-copyright promotional free ebooks from Amazon, BarnesandNoble, and Sony. "

I just wanted to thank InkMeshTeam. I love the clean, simple interface and the ease of comparison shopping.

It's becoming one of my favorite sites. Thanks.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #67
Orochi
Connoisseur
Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo, Ipod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post
I just wanted to thank InkMeshTeam. I love the clean, simple interface and the ease of comparison shopping.

It's becoming one of my favorite sites. Thanks.
If I may, I would like to second that!

Sometimes, I forget to start with Inkmesh, and if I am having a hard time finding a book, I end up going there anyways, often with positive results. Then I have to ask myself, why I didn`t start there in the first place!
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #68
SparrowsFoot
SparrowsFoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
This is fantastic! Thank you so much for posting it! I love this site, but I agree it can be really overwhelming!
SparrowsFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #69
gintzj
Connoisseur
gintzj began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi model
thank you for all the great information, I am waiting for "the book" by Augen to be shipped. I come from the old days I have a palm 2415 and love to listen to my audible book. Also being a senior I use the liabrary alot and just waiting to get my reader and to start downloading.

Thank for all the sites
gintzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #70
EvaZim
EvaZim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks so much for the info! I'm loving my new Kindle2.
EvaZim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #71
Rebecca4986
RestlessRose
Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.Rebecca4986 is no ebook tyro.

Thank you, all. I have bookmarked this thread for future reference. Now I know too little to ask the questions, so I will take my time to read and browse and I am sure I will be asking my questions soon enough.

Best Regards
Rebecca
Rebecca4986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #72
dawnie
dawnie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi there, just joined, site looks a bit overwhelming at the mo, but will have a play ;-)

Dawnie xx
dawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #73
AHMavrick
Enthusiast
AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Hi, thanks for the guide here.

I have a question. My particular addiction in reading is Sci Fi. I like good hard sci fi and not the fantasy that often gets added into it. I am on the fence about getting an ebook reader. I started looking for what was available in my area of interest and am sincerely disappointed in what seems to be available. I often buy used books and trade them often. The favorite authors I follow seem to be missing. I even visited Baen books website to look for E books and they seem to have very few in electronic format.

Is there a good source for Sci Fi, especially the newer authors?? If not then I guess I'll be waiting to get the reader if it won't feed my addiction.
AHMavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #74
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMavrick View Post
Hi, thanks for the guide here.

I have a question. My particular addiction in reading is Sci Fi. I like good hard sci fi and not the fantasy that often gets added into it. I am on the fence about getting an ebook reader. I started looking for what was available in my area of interest and am sincerely disappointed in what seems to be available. I often buy used books and trade them often. The favorite authors I follow seem to be missing. I even visited Baen books website to look for E books and they seem to have very few in electronic format.

Is there a good source for Sci Fi, especially the newer authors?? If not then I guess I'll be waiting to get the reader if it won't feed my addiction.
which authors are you wanting to read?

Here is the Kindle ebook store......just type in the author, or look to the left and click on the "science fiction" link.

You can sort by price, best selling, author, etc.

At least it will give you an idea of what Amazon carries.

And when you are done, come introduce yourself and join us...click the link below...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #75
Jar Jar Binks
Enthusiast
Jar Jar Binks began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650 And PRS 350 Yay I got it !!! I got it !!! I'm in love.
Aren't Grandmas Wonderful ! Thanks DG.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote