Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #541
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
this post is a bit exasperating, cause, here in France, first thing : we never get to know about discounting code (though I subscribe to the kobo newsletter, never received any news from them), and secondly, no code is working for France so far (okay, it's just two months since I own my Touch, and I may have miss some...)

Enjoy them
That doesn't seem very fair
My mum in Oz also has the same problem with the newsletters she has it ticked on in her account to recieve them but they never come, we have emailed Kobo asking for that to be fixed but are yet to get a reply.

I assume when you try the codes that you are applying them to non agency books - these are the ones witth two prices listed, list price and our price.

New code - jan25au25 expires 29th Jan
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #542
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
New code: jan26ca25

25% off, expires: January 30th
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #543
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
jan26ca25 Expires: January 30th, 2012. 11:59 PM EST
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #544
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
this post is a bit exasperating, cause, here in France, first thing : we never get to know about discounting code (though I subscribe to the kobo newsletter, never received any news from them), and secondly, no code is working for France so far (okay, it's just two months since I own my Touch, and I may have miss some...)
Enjoy them
My codes go into "bulk" using gmail. They never hit my in-box. You may want to make sure that mail from Kobo is NOT being caught up by your spam filter, or doing something like mine does.

I created an email filter for mail mentioning Kobo. All of my filtered mail ends up in the place I specify.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #545
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
no kobo mail going into my spam folder, that's for sure...

I've tried some codes given there and I'm answered that they are not valid even for books with two prices

it's a bit infuriating, so get everything you can
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #546
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
I've tried some codes given there and I'm answered that they are not valid even for books with two prices
Since some of the codes seem to be regional (i.e. the ones with ca are Canada) they won't likely work. Ones with ww (worldwide) or row (rest of world) are most likely to work, but due to country business restrictions maybe even those won't work in France.

I do find that they tend to send you codes if you buy books regularly (or for a period after you buy one) and if you haven't bought in a while you don't get many.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #547
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bought 5 books in december at the Kobowebsite... and had a fee from my bank for each to have make purchases outside euro zone... and each time I look for a book, it's not available at Kobo or not available as ebooks (too old - not available as ebooks- or not enough old - available at amazon and only there), or what's most innerving when I want to try a new serie, I like to begin with the first and then go on to the last, and at Kobo, I find two or three in the serie... right in the middle not the firsts or the lasts, just some ramdonly in the serie...

Last edited by vice-versa; 01-27-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #548
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
That doesn't seem very fair
My mum in Oz also has the same problem with the newsletters she has it ticked on in her account to recieve them but they never come, we have emailed Kobo asking for that to be fixed but are yet to get a reply.

I assume when you try the codes that you are applying them to non agency books - these are the ones witth two prices listed, list price and our price.

New code - jan25au25 expires 29th Jan
I note that this code hasn't been put on the main page yet. I'm guessing this is because someone thought that the person had simply mistyped at put "jan25au25" when in fact it was obviously "jan26au25", right? I wondered that too, but it's not so. "jan26au25" did not work for me (though it worked for every other country code except "ww"), but "jan25au25" *did* work. I'm in Canada, too, FWIW. For some reason Australia got a code one day earlier than the rest of us. It expires tomorrow, so you may want to add this to the initial post before it's too late.

And, BTW, for those concerned about bumping this to the main page. I actually found this thread through Bing, it's relatively high up now in Bing's search results when you search for Kobo Discount Codes, so congrats everyone for maintaining this for so long. I've just now joined the mobileread.com forums, simply for this thread!
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #549
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
I note that this code hasn't been put on the main page yet. I'm guessing this is because someone thought that the person had simply mistyped at put "jan25au25" when in fact it was obviously "jan26au25", right? I wondered that too, but it's not so. "jan26au25" did not work for me (though it worked for every other country code except "ww"), but "jan25au25" *did* work. I'm in Canada, too, FWIW. For some reason Australia got a code one day earlier than the rest of us. It expires tomorrow, so you may want to add this to the initial post before it's too late.
Its actually rather odd as the email with the code in stated it was in celebration of Australia Day which is the 26th and the email was recieved in the early hours of the 26th and yet th actually code has the 25th in it, very odd not that it matters they seem to give our discounts every other week just because the day ends in y
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #550
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Its actually rather odd as the email with the code in stated it was in celebration of Australia Day which is the 26th and the email was recieved in the early hours of the 26th and yet th actually code has the 25th in it, very odd not that it matters they seem to give our discounts every other week just because the day ends in y
Likely just someone made a typo at the head office.

And I was wracking my brain trying to figure out which country code "row" stands for, so thank you to the person who recently indicated it means "rest of world". I have yet to have a "ww" code work when "row" works, is that pretty common?
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #551
ladybugh
Enthusiast
ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Sage and Elipsa
Quote:
no kobo mail going into my spam folder, that's for sure...

it's a bit infuriating, so get everything you can
It could perhaps be that you are in France? French law does not allow discounts on books.
http://www.senat.fr/dossier-legislatif/ppl09-695.html
http://www.electronista.com/articles...beyond.france/
ladybugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:08 AM   #552
vice-versa
whippet addict

Yes I'm in France, but as I'd read "rest of the world", I thought perhaps there was a trick as Amazon being based in Luxembourg in Europe (if I correctly understood) so that they can discount even on ebooks (VAT being around 3% rather 7.5% in France, I may be wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere).
Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #553
BorgDog
Tech Junkie
BorgDog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BorgDog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BorgDog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BorgDog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo wireless
Just bought a book and got a code expired response on the following:

FirstRead (35% off)
giftread (25% off)
save2011 (20% off)
survey25 (25% off)
c1auto25 (25% off)

Welcome20 (20% off) did still work for me. In US btw.
BorgDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #554
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgDog View Post
Just bought a book and got a code expired response on the following:

FirstRead (35% off)
giftread (25% off)
save2011 (20% off)
survey25 (25% off)
c1auto25 (25% off)

Welcome20 (20% off) did still work for me. In US btw.
This is terrible news!

Can anyone confirm?
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #555
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
c1auto25 and welcome20 worked for me.
The others all said "expired" but it is is possible that I have already used them.

I'm in Canada.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals