Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-01-2018, 07:15 AM   #1
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quarterly IHG Rewards Club Freebies

I originally posted - and discussed with koland - this quarterly deal in October 2017,
in FREE/BARGAIN — Media Deals (non-eBook/non-audiobook). The discussion thread is included below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
October 24, 2017: I haven't seen any posts about the recurring free Kindle ebook giveaways the IHG Rewards Club introduced in November 2016. I recently became aware of these after poking around in the IHG app. I haven't yet downloaded any of the Kindle freebies.

You can read details at: https://www.ihgplc.com/news-and-medi...member-benefit

Excerpt:
Quote:
Kindle Singles and Kindle editions of Amazon Publishing books will be offered to members based upon their membership level:
  • Club members will be eligible to receive one Kindle Single or Kindle book from Amazon Publishing bi-annually
  • Gold Elite members will be eligible to receive one Kindle Single or Kindle book from Amazon Publishing per quarter
  • Platinum Elite members will be eligible to receive two Kindle Singles or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing per quarter
  • Spire Elite members will be eligible to receive three Kindle Singles or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing per quarter
Are any MobileReaders availing themselves of this offer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
October 27, 2017: no .... unaware it existed. Do you have to use the app to get the freebie? Or be at their hotel at the time? Can't find anything about it in their rewards club info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
October 27, 2017: I originally learned about the recurring Kindle ebook freebies benefit by chance, when poking around in the IHG app.

No, one does not have to be at an IHG hotel to access the freebies, but yes, one does have to use the IHG app and have an Amazon account (similar to how the monthly Kindle for Samsung ebook freebies deal works).

Here's how to access the free Kindle ebooks:

From within the IHG app, log into your IHG account, then click in this order:
. on the menu bars in the app's upper left corner, then
. on your name/status/points icon, in the upper right corner, then
. on the link titled: "Your Extra Benefits: Kindle eBooks" at the bottom of the page, in the Member Benefits section

The resulting page, where you select the free ebooks, indicates:
Quote:
"IHG customers get one free eBook out of the selection of titles below.
To redeem, first select a book of your choice then click on the appropriate button to continue.
This offer can only be redeemed from this page."
Hope this helps!

Last edited by Froide; 04-01-2018 at 07:19 AM. Reason: expanded intro
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:19 AM   #2
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today's April 1, 2018. Happy Easter!

Today's also a new quarter, which heralds a new batch of IHG Rewards Club free ebooks.

I've created a new forum for Quarterly IHG Rewards Club Freebies, because these are eBook deals (which don't belong in the Media Deals forum), and the quarterly eBook offerings span genres. FYI:
  • There's no charge to join the IHG Rewards Club, self-described as "The World's Largest Hotel Loyalty Program" - Click either the previous link or click here to learn more about the IHG Rewards Club, to join it, or to login
  • There are too many selections to list here; interested IHG Rewards Club members can access the quarterly free offerings via the IHG app
  • Instructions for accessing the quarterly IHG Rewards Club freebies, and for determining how many you qualify for each quarter (based on your membership status), are detailed in this forum's original post
  • The selections refresh January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1 each year
  • Correspondingly, the purchase deadlines are March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31 each year
  • The selection categories are listed in this order: "Stories about people", "Literary escapes", "Nonfiction", "Historical influence", and "Comics"

Last edited by Froide; 04-01-2018 at 07:34 AM.
Advert
Old 04-01-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
Froide
Wizard

This quarter, I bought:

War Hero: The Unlikely Story of A Stray Dog, An American Soldier and the Battle of Their Lives (Kindle Single)
by Stephan Talty (Author)

Not sure what the other will be; at first glance, it seems all the good ones I've already bought, and the rest don't seem that interesting.

Is anyone else buying Quarterly IHG Rewards Club Freebies?

Last edited by Froide; 04-01-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:54 AM   #4
Froide
Wizard

Ok, I finally picked another book:
Battle Dress: What I Wore to Confront My Past (Kindle Single)
by Suzanne Guillette
Old 07-01-2018, 10:40 PM   #5
Froide
Wizard

Today's July 1, 2018. To those in the USA, Happy Independence Day (week)!

Today's also a new quarter, which heralds a new batch of IHG Rewards Club free ebooks. See this post for details.
Advert
Old 10-01-2018, 03:47 AM   #6
Froide
Wizard

Today's October 1, 2018, a new quarter, which heralds a new batch of IHG Rewards Club free Kindle ebooks.

There are too many selections to list them all here, but here are the categories in the order presented:
  • Stories about people
  • Literary escapes
  • Nonfiction
  • Comics

See this post for more details.

Last edited by Froide; 10-01-2018 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:04 PM   #7
Froide
Wizard

Today's January 14, 2019, a new quarter, which heralds a new batch of IHG Rewards Club free Kindle ebooks.

There are too many selections to list them all here, but here are the categories in the order presented:
  • Thrillers & Literary Escapes
  • Nonfiction

See this post for more details.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #8
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I’ve been lazy and have ignored acting upon this deal until today. The club/app was super easy to activate, and the free book choices look great. Thanks for your work here Froide!
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:37 PM   #9
Froide
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I’ve been lazy and have ignored acting upon this deal until today. The club/app was super easy to activate, and the free book choices look great. Thanks for your work here Froide!
My pleasure. Enjoy!
Old 01-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #10
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Me lazy too! Hadn't done this, and now have - although I did have a bit of trouble because things got mixed up with a long-dormant Holiday Inn account of mine from long ago. Didn't take too long to get it straightened out though, and I agree - the choices are good. Good enough, in fact, that I already had several of them Still found two that I wanted - chose one, and put the other on my eReaderIQ list

Thanks again @Froide for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:02 AM   #11
Froide
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Me lazy too! Hadn't done this, and now have - although I did have a bit of trouble because things got mixed up with a long-dormant Holiday Inn account of mine from long ago. Didn't take too long to get it straightened out though, and I agree - the choices are good. Good enough, in fact, that I already had several of them Still found two that I wanted - chose one, and put the other on my eReaderIQ list

Thanks again @Froide for pointing this out.
My pleasure! Enjoy your books.

I was well aware this has been a "sleeper" thread, until now, but given IHG's abysmal job making its members aware of this quarterly perq, I'd have felt remiss keeping it to myself.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #12
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I "purchased" "To Pixar and Beyond" and got a $2.50 "great on kindle" credit.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #13
Froide
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I "purchased" "To Pixar and Beyond" and got a $2.50 "great on kindle" credit.
To Pixar and Beyond is on my to-read list. Enjoy!

For those curious about Great on Kindle:

Here's the blurb the appears on the pages of participating Kindle books:

Quote:
Great on Kindle
Great Experience. Great Value.
Enjoy a great reading experience, with a 25% credit back to spend on your next Great on Kindle book when you buy the Kindle edition of this book. Learn more about Great on Kindle, available in select categories.
Here's the content at the "Learn more" pop-up:

Quote:
Putting our best book forward

Each Great on Kindle book offers a great reading experience, at a better value than print to keep your wallet happy.

Earn 25% of the book's price as a credit towards other Great on Kindle books when you buy the Kindle edition. Eligible on orders of up to 10 units. View the full terms and conditions here.

Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.

View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.

Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.

Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.

Ask Alexa to read your book with Audible integration or text-to-speech.
The Great on Kindle web page is linked here.

Last edited by Froide; 01-24-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:50 PM   #14
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
My three Spire books for this quarter:

The Zig Zag Girl, which I seem to have selected by accident, although the system really shouldn't let you do that. However, I really like it a lot and am looking forward to the rest of the series.

Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead - my library has the audiobook as an overdrive download, So after listening to a sample I decided to go that route instead. The story itself is rather grim in places, but if you're into quirky books it's a fascinating ride!

Little Boy Lost was my third choice; I have a couple of online acquaintances from the St Louis area, so I figured why not read a book set there? Unlike a library book borrowing, these books count as actual purchases, so I was able to upgrade at the bundled price for the audio edition.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #15
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Thanks. Finally took a look at this and even though I haven’t stayed at a Holiday Inn (or affiliate) for at least ten years, my account was still there. Quite a few of the books are in Kindle Unlimited so I added several that interested me to my KU list for future reading consideration and went for something that I wouldn’t normally try.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote