Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Smile Hello, everyone.

I've been reading ebooks for years on either my computer or my Palm (been through a number of them, right now I have a Zire 72 and a Palm Treo 650) and now I desperately want one of the new readers. Unfortunately, the iLiad is too expensive for me to justify in the state it's currently in and the Sony is too restrictive, though I may break down and buy a Sony anyway.

What I want in a reader is the ability to have ereader formats - Palm, Mobipocket - as well as PDFs. I suppose I'm being greedy here, but I also want to be able to annotate the PDFs with notes and comments. Don't want much, do I?

(The reason for this is that while I read fiction in the proprietary formats, most of the non-fiction I read is in PDF format. I've lately started purchasing .html instead of Palm or Mobi in hopes of having a more universal reader down the road.)

Thanks for having an all-in-one place to talk about and discover the different formats and reading devices out there. Things are looking much more promising than they were just a year ago.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:06 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Welcome on board I hope things around e-books will be improving a lot more in near future!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert